Pack Mate

“Pack mate? What the hell is that-” Sam asks

“Language,” Paul grumbles out  before giving Sam a stern look that Sam immediately looks away from with an embarrassed look before muttering a small apology. 

“I just meant… well I don't know what a mate is, but it doesn't really sound like something I should be considering my twin sister as.” Sam explains hastily 

“Yeah, arent mates like soul mates? I've read about it before, and well I'm not really sure what this means for us… they usually end up in a relationship-” Edgar speaks before cutting himself off with a slight blush as he glances at me while rubbing the back of his neck.

“We understand, and yes Edgar, usually when we see other vampires with mates it ends up in a relationship, but that's not how ours is going to be like with Emma. You see, Emma may be our mate, but that doesn't mean that we are in that type of relationship with her. She is our baby sister and we give her the same amount of attention we would if it was under… different circumstances. Now that does mean that she is the key element of our family bond, which means we have to protect her with all our might.” David explains while looking at me. His blue eyes bore into mind making me fidget as I cant pull my gaze away from his. Letting a soft chuckle out he moves his gaze away from mine before standing up. “We worry about Max, because we know him all too well.”

“You mean he would take her away from us as some type of black mail?” Alan ask 

“Sadly, yes. Max is the type of person- well uh thing to do that. He sees something he wants, he'll do anything and everything to get it. No matter who it harms in the end. Like your mother Lucy, she was what he wanted. He used his once very powerful commands to force us to help him...  Lucky for us, by the time he used those commands we had already known what he was going to do and started preparing.”

“So you mean without him forcing you guys we wouldn't have been turned?” Sam asks as Michael turns his attention to us with an interested look. 

“Well, no Sam. You see, we planned to turn you three a long time ago. Actually the day we met Emma was the day we decided that. We knew that you boys already being her brother would be more than willing to help us in protecting her. You'd be the perfect fit for the job, and of course your actions towards her have proven that to us time after time. Like the night when you had stayed with her when she was scared Sam. We saw that you know, and same with you Michael. You felt the pull once you drank and instantly comforted her on the beach when she was scared.” Dwayne explains 

“But you two, well lets just say you guys were a little bit of a surprise,” Marko chuckles as his gaze was on the two frog brothers 

“Don't get him wrong, you guys were a good surprise, but definitely a surprise of fate. You two surprised us after we saw you protecting her when she and Sam were having an argument. ” Paul chuckles while wrapping his arm around Marko. 

“So no matter what we all would have ended up here?” Edgar asks 

“Seems that way.” Laddie giggles before running over to me. 

“So how did you guys get out of Max's control? I mean isn't he your leader?” Sam asks

“Well yes and no, you see the day we saw him and Lucy meet, we knew that it was our time to finally escape from his grasp. So when he started to get desperate after realizing that his... charm-”

“You mean manipulation?” Alan cuts David off 

“You really do know your facts about vampire facts little brother. I'm impressed, but do not interrupt me.” David chuckles softly at Alan's red face before continuing, “but yes since his ways of manipulation weren't doing the trick we decided to make a little deal with him. That deal being if we helped him get Lucy he would let us go from his grasp once and for all. No more strings attached. Stupidly the love struck fool agreed all to quickly not even letting our words register.”