Talks in The Cave

"I'm sure all of you have questions about the past events." David speaks from his chair as we enter the main part of the cave.

"Hi sweetheart." Paul wiggles his fingers at me with a small smile. Edgar, Alan, and Sam turn their heads towards me with looks of relief. Offering the three a small smile, I let Marko lead me towards where Dwayne and Paul were.

"Sleep well my little lamb?" Dwayne asks quietly while running his hand though my hair, nodding as I stare at the ground.

"Well I have a question for you," Edgar says, making us all look at him.

"Ask away," David muses

"Why is everyone, even us," He gestures to Sam and Alan, "so attached to Emma?" He asks, making me look in wonder at David as well. I wondered that as well.

"Well it's because she is what makes the bond complete. She was born to be the glue that holds every single one of us together. That also means she is our weakness, our precious little sister that we are willing to give the whole universe to."

"Then why are we here? We don't belong-" Alan starts to ask before David cuts him off with a raised hand.

"Whether you think you belong here or not, know that you weren't just given this life for no reason. Each and every one of us were chosen long before we were born. Lucky for you boys, you guys didn't have to suffer through the pain of waiting for our little sister like we did for centuries."

"Centuries?" Sam speaks in shock

"Yes Sam, centuries. We have waited a very long time for this to happen. For our little sister to come home." Marko tells Sam

"Wow you guys have been alive that long?"

"Sure have! Little man we have been around for a very long time. You won't believe the things we've been able to do in that amount of time." Paul laughs with a prideful smirk. The three boys only stare at Paul in shock. Laddie giggles at their shocked looks before making his way over to them.

"Close your mouth, you could catch flies." Laddie snickers at them. The lost boys all laugh as Edgar, Alan, and Sam stare at the ground in embarrassment.

"What about my memories?" I pipe up trying to save the three embarrassed boys from being laughed at any longer. Looking at David with puppy eyes I tilt my head slightly as the laughter starts to die down. The lost boys all turn their gaze on me with soft smiles as Edgar, Alan, and Sam give me grateful looks.

"What do you mean angel? What about your memories?" David asks, leaning slightly forward in his chair to get a better look at me.

"Well I- I started to remember when I first came here... the memories that I lost... of you guys, but now my memories from Phoenix have faded away."

"So you have," David breathed out with a smile, "Those memories from Phoenix are not necessary to have anymore baby. All you need is your memories of us, not those pathetic human ones that you have from Phoenix."

"But-"

"But nothing, baby. Those memories are nothing but pathetic little things that aren't needed anymore. Especially since we don't need them to worry that pretty little head of yours." Dwayne speaks with a gentle smile. Looking at the ground I frown. Why should they be the ones to decide what memories I can or can't have?

"Oh come on love dont be like that." Marko sighs before grabbing my chin lightly and lifting it up, which I quickly glare at him for before turning my gaze to Sam.

"So that's why she can't remember anything from Phoenix..." Sam whispers to himself in disbelief.

"Soon yours will fade away to Sammy, as will Edgars and Alans. All any of you will remember is us, and that is all you will need to remember. Your family is the only thing that will matter to you from this point on. When every single one of those pathetic human memories are drained from your little minds you'll understand."

"You can't do that!" Sam shouts in rage

"It is already being done as we speak Sam, the moment you drank from the bottle was the moment those pathetic memories started to drain." David laughs darkly with a glint of amusement towards the boys.

"That's not possible..." Edgar mutters in frustration

"Oh it's possible, just look at Michael if you don't believe us." Marko smirks as everyone's eyes go on Michael and Star. Both were too busy cuddling to even realise we were talking about Michael.

"Mike?" Sam asks making Michael look at us

"Yeah Sam?" He asks

"Do you remember anything from Phoenix?" Sam asks

"No, why would I? I don't need those memories anyway." Michael speaks with complete confusion

"Oh I don't know, maybe because you grew up there!"

"Yeah so? That was the past." Yes the past indeed, the past that none of us will ever remember as time goes on. Silence fills the cave as Sam looks at Michael with a look of betrayal on his face. It always seemed to be just that. The past. A fading memory of a time that was much simpler than now. Soon enough we'll end up like Michael, memories quickly forgotten as he makes space for his new memories to come.

"Come on my little lamb, you can't be upset with us for this." Dwayne speaks in a rough tone in my head.

"I'm not... " I stutter out quietly

"Don't lie to us baby." Marko coos in my head before leaning close to me to kiss my cheek.

"Come on Sammy don't be like that," Michael breaks the silence, "What did you expect? That we would have moved back? That I'd never get a girlfriend? That we would still sit around reading comics all our lives?" Michael scoffs before looking at me with a gentle smile, " Besides, you shouldn't be talking like this in front of our baby sister. Shouldn't give her any bad ideas, I expected more out of you Sam."

"Yeah I guess I did Mike. Sorry that I believed that we should have a say in this, and I can speak in any way I find right to talk in front of MY twin sister..." Sam speaks harshly before standing up. Looking at me he gestures for me to follow him along with Edgar and Alan.

"Sit down Sam." David demands

"Look, I'm not going to sit around here and get yelled at. Especially in front of my sister." Sam fumes as David puts his hand up to stop him from continuing. Sam physically relaxes along with Edgar and Alan as they look at David.

"What Michael said might have been slightly uncalled for, but he is right. We can't live in the past, which is why you don't need those memories. They will only lead to pain, and will only hold you back from the carefree life that you had a taste of the other day. Now, we are going to put this talk on hold and go to the carnival for a little. It seems like you three need to get some steam out before we continue," David speaks before turning to Michael, "and Michael, you and Sam need to have a little chat before we go." He speaks, making Michael look down with a guilty look from the words that left his mouth.

"Sam I didn't mean it, really I didn't. I just want you guys to be happy here like I am."

"Like that will happen," Sam scoffs

"Oh it will Sammy boy. No matter how much you fight us and yourself in the end we'll win no matter what. We already have the upper hand, the day when all of you drank that drink willingly was the day you let yourselves get defeated by us. We know every thought, and emotion that runs through each of you. You're nothing but clay in our hands, waiting to be molded into the perfect pieces to this perfect family."

Authors note

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! Leave a comment if you would like!!! Have a great day 😊💜