The Meeting

“Most of freedom and of pleasure,

Nothing ever lasts forever 

Everybody wants to rule the world”

“What-” I stutter out, how do they even know that was what I was trying to do?

“We haven't seen you since the night we went to the cave… is my little lamb mad at us? Are you mad at your older brothers?” 

“I- no- sorry… I mean I'm sorry.” I sputter out not knowing what to say, like how am I supposed to respond to that?

“That's okay love, we know you are.” Marko smiles while reaching his hand out to run it through my hair. 

“Sorry,” I mumble out again, David only raises his hand to tell me that is fine.

“It's fine little baby, nobody is mad at you.” Paul tells me while smiling, “How about after this ride we go to the cave. Hm?” 

“Oh uh- well not that I wouldn't want to, but I promised my brother and his friends I would hang out with them today…” I explain to them nervously 

“Is that so? Why were you here alone then” Marko questions me with the same stern look I've seen numerous times from these boys. I nodded meekly not knowing what to say for the second part. I feel like no matter what I would say there would be something wrong in their eyes which would only end up getting me in trouble.

“Besides, we wouldn't mind meeting these friends and your brother, Would we boys?” David tells me with a smirk. The ride comes to a stop before I can respond, quickly I climb off and walk towards the area where I was with Sam and the frog brothers. It reminded me of the time that I did this with Dwayne and Laddie at the carousel. Just like that time the boys caught up with me with disapproving looks.

“Emma I thought we talked about this,” Dwayne scolds while crossing his arms, 

“Sorry- I wasn't even supposed to go on that ride. I just need to get to my brother and friends before they get upset.” I quickly says 

“And we will get to them… together. Right Emma? That's what we said, didn't we?” Marko replies before wrapping his arm around me. Not in a comforting way either, it almost seemed to be in a possessive and warning way. That made me a little nervous.

“Sorry…” I whisper 

“That's alright cutie pie, just don't do it again. Next time we will have to punish you though.” A punishment? Like the time they put me in the corner!? Oh dear god. Before I can respond I hear someone call my name from the crowd. Sam. He locks eyes with me and smiles before looking at the boys with me. His smile falters as confusion fills his eyes. 

“Emma, we were looking all over for you. I thought you said you were on the carousel,” Sam tells me.

“Oh uh yeah I decided against it…” The only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to get into the situation that I am in now. “Sorry for worrying you guys Sammy.” 

“That's okay, as long as you're safe I'm fine with it.” Sam sighs before looking at the boys again, rubbing the back of his neck he looks back at me, “Uh- you made some friends?” 

“Hope you didn't mind that we stole her way for a little, Im David and you are?” I scoff slightly, like he didn't hear me say Sam's name. I quickly stopped when Marko pulled my hair slightly in a warning. 

“Uh no I don't mind,  I'm Sam, her twin brother. Though I'm the older twin.” Sam tells them proudly

“I'm not too shocked about that.” Dwayne tells him with a small smile

“Hey!” I pout, Sam only laughs as the others chuckle at my actions. Stupid boys. 

“Well Sam, if you and your friends aren't doing anything… interesting, you should come with us back to our hideout. Only seems right to get to know you since we know your little sister so well. Of course we understand if you can't, but it would be cool to have an extra couple of dudes to hang out with.” Marko tells him. Sam glances at me before responding,

“Well I'm not sure about the Frog brothers but I'm down.” Not even a minute later the two brothers emerged from the large crowd and started walking towards us. 

“Hey glad to see that you found her. I guess it wasn't smart of us to leave you unattended. I'll have to keep that in mind next time we hang out.” Edgar snickers, rolling my eyes as I look at the ground. 

“So you must be the Frog brothers, Im David, and that's Dwayne, Paul and Marko

“So you must be the Frog brothers, Im David, and that's Dwayne, Paul and Marko.” he finally introduces them to both the brothers and Sam.

“Oh uh yeah hey…” Alan mutters while giving them an uncertain look, they were probably wondering if they were vampires or something. 

“Hey I know you dudes, you're the ones who work at the comic book store.” Paul says, “Man I'm glad to see you dudes aren't stuck in that place all day long. Having to deal with those assholes who steal must be annoying huh.” Edgar seems taken back by the talkative blonde who was acting like they've known each other for a long time.

“Oh uh yeah… It's nice to go out every once in a while.” Edgar replies quietly. Looking at him I notice that his eyes that once held a guarded look have now gone down to calm but still a little uncertain. 

“Well anyway, we were going to head to our hideout and were wondering if you guys wanted to tag along. Of course there is no pressure, but Emma and Sam will be coming. I know you guys must get back to the comic book store-” 

“No we can come” Alan cuts Paul off while looking at Sam and I, “Right Edgar? We have time to spare.”

“Oh… uh yeah.” Edgar agrees with his brother. 

“Great! Well come on then,” David smirks before putting his arm around Edgar. Paul did the same to Alan and so did Dwayne to Sam.

“Trust me boys, it will be a blast.”