2

As promised, the Prema pair locked out the front row for Sunday's Feature Race and would start P9 and P10 respectively for tomorrow's first Sprint Race.

Angelina was the head of communications at Prema and escorted the two drivers to their interviews after qualifying before they headed back to the motorhome to relax.

The pair decided to watch the F1 qualifying session from the garage's of the teams' of the respective junior driver programmes they belonged to.

Willow removed the braids from her hair and threw her now wavy hair into a high ponytail before pulling a few strands out from around her face.

She got changed into a pair of black leggings and her McLaren junior driver t-shirt, which was white with a few orange and black strips and black writing on the front and back.

She grabbed her sunglasses from her room as the weather was pretty warm and sunny in the UK today which wasn't a regular occurrence so Willow was going to make the most of it.

She said goodbye to various members of the Prema team on her way out of the motorhome as she headed to the McLaren garage with Formula One's qualifying due to start in just under 15 minutes.

It was about a five minute walk away and when she arrived headed straight inside to see the two boys already in their cars ready to go when they were given the green light.

"Hey Willow."

The American was greeted by Charlotte, the Communications Manager at McLaren. Charlotte held out a pair of orange headphone to the Formula 2 driver which she gladly took with a smile.

"Hi Charlotte, how are you?" Willow wondered as she let the headphones sit around her neck like Charlotte and a few others in the garage were doing waiting for the session to start.

"Good thanks. Congrats on P2 in qualifying, we were all watching." Charlotte informed the 19 year old girl.

"Thanks. Hopefully score some good points now before the break too." Willow told the older woman.

Charlotte had been nothing but kind to Willow since she became a McLaren young driver. Charlotte had never said it to anyone but the American girl reminded her a lot of Lando when he first joined the team back in 2017.

"Always a plus. I'll talk to you after the session." Charlotte said with a smile before walking further into the garage while Willow walked across the pit lane to the pit wall where Zak and Andreas were sat.

"Hello, hello." Willow called out as stood next to the pit wall out of the way of the pit lane.

"Hi Willow. Well done on the drive today." Andrea replied to the young American.

"Thanks Andreas." Willow smiled in response.

"Well done Willow." Zak agreed with the team principal. The three shared a brief conversation before the qualifying session began and the two McLarens headed onto the track.

Willow watched over the wall separating the pit lane from the track as cars passed by beginning their fast laps.

She turned back around for a moment after seeing the back of her on the screen next to the main stand, the tv camera was pointing at her as she turned around and offered them a wave and a smile.

Lando qualified P6 and Daniel was P7. But this weekend was different in terms of the Formula 1 format. Instead of qualifying setting the places for the starting grid Sunday, it would be done via the Sprint Qualifying tomorrow afternoon, which was essentially a mini race as it consisted of around 18 laps without mandatory pit stop almost like an F2 sprint race.

This meant that although the McLarens' performance in qualifying was really good, they would have to do it all over again tomorrow afternoon.

"Boo." Willow spoke as she placed her hand on Lando's shoulder after he handed his helmet and balaclava over to Jon.

"Willow." Lando said as he turned around to face the younger driver with his hand over his heart which was now betting very fast after being scared. "You sacred me."

"Apologies. I just wanted to congratulate you on a good drive." Willow told the Brit in a serious voice but I didn't last long before she started to smile. "I mean not as good as my P2 but whatever."

"Oh shut up." Lando replied as he pushed her shoulder slightly. "And anyway, it's the Sprint that counts this weekend."

"True. But regardless it's all still how you drive at the end of the day." The American reminded her fellow McLaren driver.

"Very true, little Young. Very true." Lando said as he wrapped his arm around the Prema driver as they walked towards the exit of the garage towards the Paddock.

"Little Willow." The voice of Daniel Ricciardo called out and in one quick motion, Lando's arm was removed from her shoulders and she was pulled into the strong arms of the Australian. "Congrats on P2 in quali."

"Thank you Daniel. At least someone appreciates my driving skills." Willow replied as she stood with Daniel's arm around her shoulder and hers around his waist as they both looked at the Brit.

"You dissed her driving skills?" Daniel wondered looking at his teammate. "Not cool Lando."

Willow smirked at the younger of the McLaren pairing causing him to open his mouth slightly in shock.

"Hey! Since when did this become 'pick on Lando day'?" Lando questioned looking between the pair.

"Everyday is pick on Lando day." Willow informed him causing Daniel to laugh.

The three left the McLaren garage with the boys heading for the media pen for post qualifying interviews while Willow headed back to Prema's motorhome to gather her things to head to her hotel room.