26

Willow was looking forward to visiting Australia for the first time in her life. The only thing she was not looking forward to was the long haul flight.

But she was extremely good at sleeping on planes so she woke up just an hour away from Melbourne which was good for her.

The thing about Australia was because of the time differences and the jet lag, most of the drivers went straight from Jeddah down under in order to get over the jet lag in time for the race.

The joy of being close to her teammate meant flying on a private jet which was pretty amazing and made it so much easier to sleep.

The Red Bull pair arrived in Melbourne on Wednesday, a week before the race weekend was due to start but it meant they had time to enjoy the city.

After sleeping on the plane over, Willow had a lot of energy so after leaving Max at the hotel where majority of the drivers were staying, she headed out for lunch.

Willow enjoyed lunches by herself, she thought it made her seem mysterious sitting on her own with her iPad watching shows and reading different articles online.

As Willow was about to put her AirPods in while sitting in the corner of a little cafe in Melbourne, a familiar voice called out her name.

"Grace." Willow said with a smile as she spotted the older woman walking in her direction.

The American driver stood up and pulled the Ricciardo woman into a tight hug. She had always been a fan of both Daniel's parents since meeting them last year. They were both sweet and kind people and she could see where Daniel got his personality from.

"How are you honey?" Grace asked smiling that bright Ricciardo smile.

"I'm good, how are you?" Willow wondered in reply.

"Good thanks, welcome to Australia." Grace told her causing Willow to laugh.

"Thanks." Willow nodded her head in reply.

The pair spoke for another few minutes before Grace had to leave to go and pick up Isaac from daycare leaving Willow to get back to her coffee.

—————

The following day Willow had spent with Oscar being shown around Melbourne to all the different spots Oscar liked to visit when home and he even showed the American his schools and the local karting track

Now they were in the middle of walking around an art gallery in central Melbourne with plans to go for dinner afterwards.

Willow was stood staring with an intense look at a particular piece of work that had caught her eye while Oscar stood next to her.

Willow had a great eye for art, she had always enjoyed the subject in her early school days before she was home schooled due to her racing commitments.

Oscar on the other had couldn't tell Picasso from da Vinci but enjoyed watching Willow exam each piece of art and talk about what she saw in them.

As Willow walked over to another piece, Oscar was following behind when his phone started ringing.

He let Willow walked on slightly as he pulled his phone out from the pocket of his jeans to see it was in fact his mum that was ringing him.

Willow turned to see Oscar wasn't behind her and then saw him on the phone a few steps behind him.

"Hi mum. No. At the museum. With Willow. Not sure. Why? Okay, I'll let you know. Love you, bye." Oscar spoke as Willow could only hear his side of the conversation with his mother.

"Everything okay?" Willow wondered as the Aussie approached her after his son left phone call.

"Yeh fine. It was just my mum, she was wondering if we were coming for dinner later. I told her we'd see. It's up to you, she said she'd love to see you again." Oscar explained.

"Sounds great." Willow nodded in reply.

"Are you sure? You don't have to." Oscar assured her, not wanting the girl he liked to feel pressured to have dinner with his parents on just her second night in Australia.

"I'd love to. I love your mom." Willow replied with a smile before turning back to look at the painting.

Oscar simply stood back and watched as Willow examined the picture hanging in front of her. He watched the way her naturally wavy brown hair fell over her shoulder.

Her jeans hugged her hips perfectly while the oversized shirt looked huge on her petite body. He wondered how he could ever bring himself to ask her to be his girlfriend.

—————

"Mum no." Oscar exclaimed as he watched his mum walk into the living room holding photo albums in her hand.

"Oh shush Oscar." Nicole told her son as she sat down next to Willow.

"You don't have to look at them." Oscar spoke to the American.

"Oh yes I do." Willow said with a smile as she watched Nicole flick through the pictures of a young Oscar Piastri from the day he was born to his teenage years.

Oscar watched as the two women looked through the photos with Claire explaining the situation of the photo while Willow laughed at the funny ones.

The young Aussie smiled at the two most important women in his life right now getting on even better than he remembered the first time they met.

And across the living room, Oscar's father, Chris, watched his son who was watching the two women but more so Willow than his mother. The older Piastri man could tell just how completely in love with the American his son was and he couldn't wait to ask him why he hadn't made it official yet.

—————

Long time no updates ha. Hopefully get back into the swing on things with writing.

Hope you guys enjoyed and let me know what you think x

-ky❤️