33

A couple weeks had passed since the Canadian Grand Prix and Willow had managed to avoid her mother for the duration of the race weekend and escape the paddock on Sunday evening without seeing her.

She wasn't sure if her mother got the hint that Willow didn't wanna see her and left or if Willow was just lucky enough to avoid her.

But right now Willow had something else on her mind and she was searching the Silverstone paddock for a certain Australian.

Anyone who seen Willow that day in the paddock would have known she was very, very angry. Even if they didn't know her very well it was obvious the American was mad at something or someone.

Willow burst into the McLaren motorhome and with being part of the McLaren young driver programme, everyone knew Willow Young was on a war path.

She didn't stop to greet anyone which was the second give away to her bad mood after her slamming the door when she entered.

The American headed straight for the drivers rooms and after finding Daniel's was empty she went to Lando.

"Woah. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Lando commented as Willow burst into the room.

"Have you seen Oscar or Daniel?" Willow asked the British driver.

"No. Why? What's up?" Lando wondered as he stood up to greet her.

"Nothing. I just need to see Oscar. And Daniel. Maybe not together though. I'll keep looking thanks." Willow told him.

"Will wait-." Lando called but unfortunately Willow closed the door behind her and was gone before Lando could finish his sentence. "What the hell happened?"

—————

For some reason Willow could not seem to find Oscar before it was time for Free Practice so she had to head back to the motorhome and got ready for the first session of the weekend.

Unfortunately for Oscar, he was completely unaware of his raging girlfriend further up the paddock.

And her anger stemmed from a phone call with Oscar's mum Nicole this morning on her way to the track.

Nicole was one of Willow's favourite people on the world. She was more of a mother to the American driver than her own mother.

Willow had known Nicole for the last few years since she on Oscar had been F3 teammates at Prema during Oscar's rookie year.

Oscar's family was amazing. And Willow loved watching them interact with each other as you could always see the love between them.

A knock on her driver's room door pulled Willow from her thoughts before the door itself opened and revealed.

Claire stuck her head in the door holding warm up gear and a smile on her face.

"Are you ready?" Claire wondered as she observed the current state of the only female driver on the grid.

"As I'll ever be." Willow replied with a sigh before pulling on her team cap and heading out the door behind Claire.

The two eventually fell into sync as they walked through the Red Bull motorhome to the front door.

"What's up? You seem edgy." Claire commented as she held open the door for her driver.

"I'm fine. Just can't wait to get into the car." Willow told her as she headed outside into the busy paddock.

Willow didn't know how she would react when she saw Oscar. Part of her deep down wanted to hug and congratulate her boyfriend but another part of her was loyal to Daniel who held her and mentored her over the last year and a bit.

Time would tell but for now Willow knew she had a job to do and she left her thoughts of Oscar at the garage entrance.

—————

"Fuck." Willow exclaimed after she was eliminated in Q2.

She drove back to the pits in silence. She was frustrated at her lack of performance in the session.

The frustration over the weekend had officially gotten to her.

Surprisingly Willow's grandparents flew in for the weekend on Friday to see their granddaughter.

They met Willow in the RedBull motorhome on Friday after FP1 which lead to Willow not being able to search for Oscar.

"Okay Willow. P12. P12. You were unlucky today. Tomorrow is a new day. Head down for the race and we'll score so good points." Hugh spoke as Willow pulled into the pit lane in front of her team's garage.

The mechanics were there to great her before jacking up the car and wheeling her back on the garage.

"Thanks Hugh. Sorry guys. Just wasn't my day." Willow replied with a sigh before getting out of the car.

Willow took a minute before taking off her helmet, gloves and balaclava. She knew now she'd have to face the media and their questions as to what happened today.

"Thanks." Willow said as she handed her stuff to Claire before she met Lauren who was ready to escort her to the media pen.

Before she left, Willow waved over at her grandparents who gave her a reassuring smile.

"Head up." Lauren told the American as they left the Red Bull garage.

"The sooner this weekend is over the better." Willow replied as she pulled her plaits out from her race suit and she tied it around her waist.

"Willow." A voice called out. The voice of the person Willow had wanted to speak to all weekend.

Willow stopped in her tracks and turned to face her boyfriend coming down the paddock towards her.

"Hey." Willow replied shortly to the Alpine reserve driver.

"I got your text. You said we need to talk about something." Oscar asked her.

"Willow. We need to go." Lauren told the Red Bull driver.

"Later. Meet me at my hotel room." Willow spoke before following Lauren up the paddock.

Oscar followed Willow with his eyes and wondered what she could want to talk about. He knew that he needed to talk to her too but that news wasn't public knowledge yet so he wasn't sure when he could tell his girlfriend.

———————

Writer's block is a huge thing I have right now. Across all my stories.

Honestly I feel like just starting fresh with one story🙈

But anyway we'll see.

If anyone has any ideas for this book please let me know thanks x