29

In the world of F1, when it rains it pours metaphorically and literally. And that's exactly what it was doing in Monaco right now, pouring rain.

The race had been due to start at 3pm and now 18 minutes later the drivers were in their cars driving around the track with their wets on and before the lap was even completed the red flag was waved.

Everyone returned to the pit lane and the gazebos were raised, lucky for Red Bull the two drivers were p3 and p4 meaning they were right next to each other while other teams had drivers at opposite ends of the pit lane.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Willow asked through the radio.

"Yeh, Willow. Go. I can't see this starting soon." Hugh replied and Willow started unstrapping herself from the car and was helped out by the mechanics.

She was greeted by Claire and an umbrella under the gazebo as the two tan quickly into the Williams garage which was directly opposite to where they were parked at the end of the pit lane.

After going to the bathroom, Willow ran down the pit-lane to the Red Bull garage to head up to the pit wall which was essentially the pit room in Monaco as the pit lane was so small, the pit wall was located on the third floor of the garage.

Turned out Hugh was right, it was after 4pm before the race got under way after a further two laps behind the safety car before the cars were released to race.

"Right Willow. Head down, race on." Hugh's voice spoke through the radio as the race started.

—————

"Just 7 races into her Formula One career, Willow Young makes her mark and secures her first win in F1 around the streets of Monte Carlo. For the doubters out there she has officially put any rumours about her talent to rest." Crofty spoke as Willow crossed the line with Carlos in P2 and Max in P3.

"Yessss!!!! Come on baby. Yes. Yes. Yes!!" Willow exclaimed from inside her car.

"P1 Willow that was an amazing drive. You deserve this. Congratulations." Hugh said over the radio.

"Thanks Hugh." Willow smiled in reply.

"Willow, it's Christian. That was absolutely amazing. We've always believed in you and now everyone else will. Congratulations, see you in parc ferme. Enjoy this lap." Christian told his driver from his seat on the pit wall.

"Thank you Christian. Thank you everyone. This wouldn't be possible without everyone. I'm so grateful for you all. Thank you for believe that in me."

Willow made her way around the streets of Monte Carlo she began thinking of her journey and what had gotten her this far and the person this was all for.

Her dad.

He was the reason she was able to follow her dream and from the day he died everything she did was for him and in his memory.

She flicked up her visor with one hand with the other still on the wheel as she wiped the tears that had started to fall.

"Please be proud of me." She spoke softly pulling into parc ferme and for the first time behind the big number 1.

—————

Willow sat in the arm chair in her driver's room after the team's weekend debrief staring at her trophy that was sat on her massage bed a few feet away.

She was still in complete disbelief about the whole thing, winning her first race just 7 races into her F1 career.

She thought about all she had been through before this and where she started. Her dad bringing her to Europe for karting, winning the Formula Renault Eurocup, then signing with Prema for F3 and moving up to F2 and spending just a year in that category before signing her contract with RedBull.

A knock came to the door pulling her out of her thoughts as her head turned to the source of the sound.

"Come in." Willow called out.

"Hey F1 race winner." Oscar spoke as he entered the room smiling at his friend. "Congrats by the way."

"Hi. Thanks." Willow smiled in reply. She was still exhausted from the race and hadn't even the energy to get up and hug him.

"So what's the plans?" Oscar wondered as she sat down on bed next to Willow's trophy.

"What do you mean?" Willow asked.

"To celebrate your big win." Oscar said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm crawling into my hotel room bed and sleeping. That's my plan." Willow explained as she sat up and stretched her body.

"Well not anymore. The F2 drivers are going out and me, you and Zhou have been invited. So get your ass up and into the shower." Oscar spoke as he grabbed her hand and dragged the American to her feet.

"Oscar!" Willow complained as her legs grew heavy.

"Come on. It's not everyday you win your first F1 race and all your friends wanna celebrate." Oscar told her as he grabbed her bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"Fine but I will be in my bed by midnight." Willow assured him as she grabbed her trophy and headed for the door preparing for the media that will be in the paddock and outside the swipe gates trying to catch a glimpse of F1's newest and first female race winner.

—————

Short chapter. I've had this one half wrote for ages so just finished it there to get to the next one.

Still haven't really figured out how to get Willow and Oscar together so any ideas would be appreciated thanks x