31

3 weeks on from Monaco, the F1 world had moved to Montreal, Canada on the continent of North America for the next round of the F1 world championship.

Willow was coming in of the back of a first time win in Monaco which she backed up by finishing in P2 behind Max on the streets of Baku last weekend.

And with her boyfriend with her too she found a new confidence in herself and her ability as a driver.

Naturally with Canada being next to America, Willow decided a quick stop to see her grandparents Monday before she headed back to England was on the cards.

Despite being American, Willow had only been to Canada once for a school trip before she moved to Europe for her karting.

Right now she was on a track walk with her race engineer, Hugh, and her performance engineer, Clark, and her performance coach, Claire tagged along for the exercise.

There was a lot to talk about on the way around as it was a track Willow had never been to not even as an F2 or F3 driver because the junior categories never raced there.

Hugh and Clark talked her through the various turns and tight barriers. That was one of the joys of the track being surrounded by water with little road for run off areas.

After walking the full 4.361km track and it's 14 corners, Willow and her team arrived back to the pit lane and broke up with Willow leaving with Lauren, who had met them outside the Red Bull garage, for media duties.

"Hey you." Willow spoke as she jogged up to Oscar who she saw walking away from Zak Brown although if she hadn't have seen them talking to one another she would've said they just walked by each other.

"Hey Will." Oscar said with a smile as he turned around before giving her a kiss.

"PDA in the paddock? You're very brave, especially on a Thursday with so much media around." Willow replied and she gave his hand a squeeze.

Everyday over a race weekend was busy with photographers, press, journalists, reporters and camera people; but Thursday's were particularly busy as it was the day dedicated for interviews, press conferences and team press.

"Well now the world will know." The Aussie smiled in reply at her.

After what happened in Monaco 3 weeks ago, they both told their close family and friends about their new relationship along with a few members of their respective teams.

But now it would most likely be all over any Formula One related news medium and the subject of some of Willow's questions.

She was also mentally bracing herself for having to deal with Jess and Lauren in their bid to stir the subject of Willow's interviews away from the topic of Oscar.

"Alright for you that doesn't have a press conference in 20 minutes." Willow told him before giving him one last kiss. "Speaking off I better go. I'll see you later."

"Sounds good, dinner later?" Oscar questioned before letting go of the American's hand.

"Sounds good. See you then. Text me." Willow finished before heading off in search of Lauren for her interviews.

—————

Oscar and Willow's plans for dinner turned into room service in the Red Bull driver's hotel room where the pair were laid across the bed stuffing their faces.

"I hope Lance does well this weekend." Willow spoke as she ate her pasta.

"Why?" Oscar asked in surprise.

"I just like when drivers do well at their home races." Willow shrugged her shoulders in reply.

"You're too sweet for this world, you know that." Oscar told her with a smile.

"It's a wonder I turned out the way I did with the mother I had." The American replied simply speaking her mind without even thinking of what she was really saying.

"You wanna talk about it?" Oscar wondered as he sat up to face the F1 driver.

"Not really." Willow shook her head in reply before returning to her prawn pasta.

"Okay." The Australian nodded, respecting his girlfriend's wish to change the topic of conversation.

—————

The next day Willow arrived at the track with her backpack swung over her shoulder, dressed in her Red Bull team gear, ready for qualifying this afternoon.

"Morning everyone." Willow spoke brightly as she walked into the Red Bull hospitality area where various team members and paddock guests were having breakfast.

The American made a bee line for her driver's room as she wanted to get ready for the FP3 session that was to take place before qualifying.

"Willow hold on. Your mum-." Jess tried to warn the driver but it was too late as Willow opened the door to her driver's room to find her mother sitting there looking around.

"Hi Willow." Grace stood up to greet her daughter but Willow's quick reflexes didn't give her a chance to say anything else as the F1 driver turned to leave and closed the door behind her.

"Willow wait." Jess called out to the brown haired girl. She felt bad for not noticing Willow's presence sooner and being able to warn the girl about her mother's presence.

It was only after the older woman had entered the Red Bull hospitality area that Lauren had managed to warn Jess that the mother and daughter haven't exactly seen eye to eye since Willow's father's death.

"Willow?" Max called out as Willow burst out the door not even seeing the current world champion standing outside about to walk in.

Max turned to look through the open door where he could see an older looking woman who bared a similar resemblance to his teammate.

"Willow, wait." Max called out as she jogged after the brown haired girl hoping not to lose her in the crowd of the paddock.

—————

Kinda threw this chapter together. Wanted to get something up for you guys. But I really need to figure out where I'm going with this story.

Let me know what you guys think and any ideas you have x