19

Willow, Oscar and Felipe all pulled into the pit lane behind their respective numbers. The American sat in her car for a moment as her mind began to race.

After a moment the three of them got out of their respective cars. Willow flicked up her visors as she walked over to Oscar before the pair hugged.

"Ow." Oscar said as the pair banged helmets as they wrapped their arms around each other.

"Shut up and be grateful I'm hugging you." Willow replied sarcastically

"What's that supposed to mean?" Oscar asked as if he was offended.

"That's two." Willow spoke holding up two fingers. "Two championships you've stolen from me."

"I didn't steal them. I won them." Oscar replied causing Willow to roll her eyes.

"Congratulations Oscar." Willow said softly with a smile beneath her helmet.

"Thank you Will." Oscar told her.

"Hello. You two. We'd like to congratulate you two." Marco's voice called out as the two Prema drivers turned to see their team waiting.

Not only had Oscar won the driver's championship but they had also the team championship too thanks to their top two spots in the last race.

The pair made their was over to the team and were consumed but hugs as everyone congratulated Oscar.

Shortly after the three drivers were summoned for the podium causing them to swap their helmets for hats before heading up the stairs.

"Congrats man." Felipe told Oscar as the three stood behind the huge screen waiting to be called.

"Thanks." Oscar replied with a bright smile on his face.

"Hard luck Willow." The Brazilian said to the girl standing there.

"Thanks Felipe." Willow smiled in reply before the Virtousi driver was called out onto the podium.

"In second place, Prema's Willow Young." The announcer spoke.

Willow adjusted her hat and before she made her way outside to the crowds and cameras, she leant over and placed a short and sweet kiss on Oscar's lips.

"See you out there." The American said before jogging out on the podium leaving Oscar with an even bigger smile on his face then before.

—————

Willow and Oscar both returned back to Prema's motorhome with their trophies in hand in order to get changed both planning to watch the Formula One showdown shortly.

The American took her hair from her usual two plaits and let it fall naturally running her fingers through any knots that had formed during the race.

Willow looked at her second place trophy sitting on the counter top inside her changing room.

It represented not only coming 2nd in today's last race of the season but also coming 2nd in the championship and a possible end to her F2 career.