3

Saturday started off early with the first of the F2 Sprint Races. Then it would Formula One's second practice of the weekend, then the second and final F2 Sprint Race followed lastly by F1's Sprint Qualifying.

Willow came round the final corner and waited until she crossed the finish line. She could see members of the team leaning over the pit lane wall celebrating. She had just finished P1 after starting P9.

"Woah. Yeh baby." Willow cheered as she slowed down and began her cool lap.

"Well done Willow. That's P1. That's a podium. Congrats." Marco's voice spoke through the radio as the team celebrated on the pit wall.

The American was no stranger when it came to podiums. She had been on quiet a few already this year and that was her second win of the season, two race weekends in a row.

"Woah. Thanks Marco. Thank you everyone. Everything was amazing today. The pit stops, the strategies. Everything. Thank you all." Willow replied as she came down the Wellington Straight.

"Vips finished P2. And Lundgaard P3. Just 0.9 of a second between you and Vips. And 2.5 to Lundgaard. Great driving Willow. See you at the Podium." Marco finished leaving Willow to continue her cool down lap in silence.

As she came down the Hangar Straight, she looked up for a moment and sighed before returning her eyes to the track in front of her.

She came around into the pit lane and pulled up in front of the sign with a big one on it. She removed her belts and steering wheel before hopping out of the car.

She went straight to her team who hugged and congratulated the young American driver. After she finished she walked towards the table where she removed her helmet and used the towel to wipe the sweat from her face before taking a huge sip of water.

A hand touched her shoulder causing her to turn around and see the face on Juri Vips standing behind her.

"Congratulations." The Estonian smiled at her before pulling his best friend into a hug.

"You too. Good racing. You almost had me." Willow told him as the pair pulled apart. She congratulated Christian as he walked passed on the way to see his team which the ART driver returned.

"Qualified P2 yesterday, started P9 today, and still managed to win the race. I can't win with you, can I Willow?" Juri joked with the girl causing her to laugh.

"Hey. To be the best you have to beat the best. You know what I mean?" Willow elbows the Hitech driver in the stomach softly causing him to laugh in reply.

"I'll beat you yet, don't you worry." He assured her.

"You're on Vips." Willow shook his hand before the pair were called up to the podium for the presentation of their trophies.

Willow sat in Prema's motorhome with her trophy sitting on the counter top across from her. She was adjusting her plaits before the second sprint race of the day where she would now start P10 at after winning the first Sprint Race.

Her racing suit was tied around her waist as she stood up and walked down the stairs and out the door. She made her way towards the tents where the mechanics would be making sure the car was still okay.

As she walked through the support Paddock of the Silverstone Circuit, she was unaware of the Brit stood a few feet away with his performance coach, Lee, talking about the Prema driver.

"How does she do it? Qualified P2 yesterday just 0.009 seconds behind her own teammate. Started P9 today, went on to win the race. Is gonna start P10 in this race and I wouldn't put it passed her to be on the podium again." Dan Ticktum spoke to his performance coach as he watched the brown haired girl walk across the paddock.

"She's good Dan. It's the simple. She's talented and hard working. She's probably one of the best drivers on the F2 grid this year." The older man told the driver.

"What are you? Her agent?" Dan wondered, clearly annoyed at how much his own performance coach was talking up the American driver.

"Dan. Don't be jealous." Lee said to the Carlin driver. "Now come on. You're not gonna beat anyone by standing here talking."

Dan didn't want to admit it but Lee was probably right. Willow was the most consistent driver he knew. She had yet to not score points since she started driving in Formula 2 and there was very little times during her F3 days where she didn't score some either.

Dan Ticktum knew it would be hard to beat Willow Young, but he was going to make it his mission to do so before the season was out.