18

It was Saturday night and the night before the last F2 feature race and also the official end of the 2021 season.

Neither Oscar and Willow scored a lot of points in either of the sprint races meaning now there was two points between them in the championship so the decider would be tomorrow just like with Lewis and Max.

Willow was laying in her comfy hotel bed staring at the ceiling in silence as she thought about what the future had in store.

Winning tomorrow would mean she was out of F2 and had no idea what her future was. But even if she didn't win tomorrow she could still be without an F2 seat next year.

She didn't know what she were going to be doing next year unlike some of the F2 grid who had their seats confirmed with their current or new teams.

Or Zhou Guanya who was going to Formula One to race with Alfa Romeo alongside Valtteri Bottas and Oscar who would be Alpine's new reserve driver for 2022.

Willow was the only person out of her friends that didn't know where she would be and what she would be doing next year and that terrified her.

Willow sat up and pushed herself off the bed and shoved her feet in her sliders and grabbed her phone and hotel key before leaving the room.

The American walked down the hall towards the room of her teammate and raised her hand in a fist to knock on the door.

She stood there for a moment and waited for Oscar to open it from the other side. The door opened to reveal the Aussie of with messy hair in a pair of grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Willow? Is everything okay?" Oscar wondered as he ran a hand down his face.

"I couldn't sleep. Did I wake you?" Willow asked feeling bad for knocking on his door.

"No. Come in." Oscar said as he stepped aside to let his teammate into his hotel room.

Willow walked inside and immediately sat down on the edge of the large white sheeted bed.

"What's up honey?" Oscar spoke in an accent as a joke when he saw the American sat there.

"Not funny." Willow replied without looking up.

"Okay serious talk." Oscar said to himself as he sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "What's up Will?"

Willow pushed back against Oscar's arm causing the two of them to fall back with Oscar's arm still behind her head. If she moved any closer they would be cuddling.

"I'm scared Oscar." Willow admitted as she
stared up at the ceiling.

"It's just a race Willow. You've drove in hundreds of them." Oscar replied trying to calm her down.

"Not about the race. About the future. After tomorrow we're not gonna be teammates anymore. Everyone knows where they're gonna be next year but me." The American explained with a sigh.

"You are one of two drivers in contention for the F2 championship tomorrow. You're gonna be fine Will. I promise." Oscar spoke as he pulled her closer so her head was resting on his chest.