Chapter 3

Remy and Ginas pant and rest for a few moments, and then move back to look over the edge of the river. The crocodiles were massing below, furious at being cheated of their meal. "I did it..." remy whispered quietly in realization, proclaimed it louder, and blew the crocs a raspberry. "I did it! Thhppbbts!" "Hah!" Ginas laughed at the crocs as the two moved back and recounted their adventure. "Whoah, man! Did you see the size of those teeth?" Remy asked as he rolled onto his back, imitating the crocs. "They were going 'Rrrarrarrarr' He was just totally eating you up right there, and I jumped on his head- and I bopped him so good!" Unknown to the two, eda was crouching in the grass some distance away, watching. She had discovered Ginas missing from their 'home', with martin still there teasing karai."We make such a good team! And you..." Remy slowed down. "You were really brave!" "Yeah, you were pretty brave too." Ginas replied. "And in case you forgot in all that excitement, my name is Ginas." "I'm remy" remy giggled. Eda growled as remy giggled. He crouched down playfully, waving his tail as he reached out and batted Ginas."Tag! You're it!" Remy jumped back, laughing, but got no chasing out of Ginas, so he tried again. "Tag! You're it! You're it!" Ginas still gave no response. She just stared at remy with a slight look of confusion on her face. Was this supposed to be a training exercise of some sort? "Hello? You run, I tag... get it?" Remy asked, trying to explain. "What's the matter? Don't you know how to play?" At Ginas's raised eyebrow, remy tried something else. He couches down and goes back to playing his style, bared teeth and growling. Ginas got the idea. Remy wanted to play. He gave a mock-growl back to remy, but suddenly he finds himself under Eda, with her sword out, as she jumped out of the grass, roaring. Remy gasped and backed up as leo, also had his katatas out in bounded up, placing himself between Eda and his child as he snarled back. "Eda." Leo growled "Leonardo!" Eda replied with a sinister tone as another growl caught her attention. "Elizabeth." "Eda." Liz growled back as she pulled Remy under her, lowering her ars to shield her son from the woman' line of sight. Eda grinned and readied herself to attack, but stopped when she saw the sacred court, plus Mikey and Pinkiepie standing behind leo and liz, also growling. "Pinkiepie, wife of mikey." Pinkiepie greeted in the form of a 'Flame Swordsman'. "Great. Now that we all know each other... GET OUTTA OUR HOMELAND! "Your Homeland? Eda snarled at Pinkiepie, but she didn't even flinch, just touch a battle position as Eda turned her attention back to Leo. "These lands belonged to the shredder." "I banished you from Japan!" leo said with authority. "Now you and your young child... get out!" "Oh... haven't you met my daughter, Ginas?" Eda asked as she fiend niceness. "He was hand-chosen by shredder to follow in his foot prints... and become queen! That is, if donnie should refuse. And he did." Everyone looked at Ginas, who started shaking at all the stares. "That's not a queen." Pinkiepie shook she head with an eye roll. "That's just a kid!" "Ginas was born just after you exiled us to the Outlands." Eda snarled as she started pacing. "Where we have little food, less water..." "You know the penalty for returning to these lands!" leo snapped. "But the child does not!" eda snapped back before turning to her son. "However... if you need your pound of flesh... here." Remy gasped as she nudged Ginas in from of his father. Leo looked down at the cowering child, and back to eda, recognizing the look in her eye. She was daring him to show either ruthlessness or cowardice. "Take him and get out." leo backed away, not intent on having a repeat of the banishment. "We're finished here." Leo went to his son as, he picked him up and placed him on side of his hip. Eda walked over to leo and looked down at the terrified remy. "Oh no, Leonardo." Eda chuckled wickedly. "We have barely begun." Eda glared wickedly at Remy, who gasped in fright. She turned and grabbed Ginas by her arm. "Bye." Remy whispered sadly, watching Ginas as they were moved apart. "Bye." Ginas whispered back, getting the feeling it would be a long time before she saw her friend again. A few minutes later, within sight of the palace, leo stopped at the top of a hill. "Leo?" Liz looked back when she noticed her husband had stopped. Leo cleared his throat, since Remy still in his arms. Liz smiled back at him, knowing full well that it's time for 'The Talk', probably something along the lines of what splinter had given Leo after they had snuck off. As the pride left the two, Leo placed Remy on a rock. Remy grinned innocently up at his father, but Leo glared back sternly. Remy looked down at the ground, sighing. "Remy, what did you think you were doing?" Leo scolded "You could have been killed out there today." "But Daddy, I-" Remy stuttered, trying to explain. "I didn't mean to disobey-" "I'm telling you this because I love you." Leo interrupted. "I don't wanna lose you." "I know..." Remy sighed. "If something happened to you, I don't know what I'd do." Leo sighed and started a small speech he had prepared if this should happen. "One day I won't be here... and I need you to carry on in my place. You are part of the great Circle of-" "Circle of Life." Remy finished, having heard it before. "I know." "Exactly." leo nodded as he put one of his hand over his son and drew him close. "And you need to be careful. As future king-" "But what if I don't wanna be king?" Remy shouted as he got out from under his father's wing, sulking. "It's no fun." "That's like saying you don't want to be a mutant." Leo smiled softy. "It's in your blood... as I am. We are part of each other." "Humph." remy lifted his nose up as leo playfully pushed him off the rock. Shaking his head as plant seeds floated up around him, remy looked back at his father, who raised an eyebrow grinned down to him. Remy grinned back, and they hugged each other. With a soft chuckle as the wind gently blew around them, leo started to sing.

As you go through life you'll see

There is so much that we

Don't understand

Together they watched a young bird attempting to fly, but its mother wasn't to keen about the idea as she hearded her chick back to the nest. Remy sighed in disappointment, knowing how the chick felt.

And the only thing we know

Is things don't always go

The way we planned

But you'll see every day

That we'll never turn away

When it seems all your dreams come undone

Leo led his son to a top of a hill and used his wind to point to a cow calf that was trying to get up for the first time. Watching, Remy grinned happily as the calf bucked around before being led back to safety by its mother.

We will stand by your side

Filled with hope and filled with pride

We are more than we are

We are one

Leo led the way down a hill and across a river as they saw some humans grooming each other, and a baby turtle jumping from back to back of other turtles, playing. Watching the families around him, remy sang to his reflection in the river as his father past him on the log they were on.

If there's so much I must be

Can I still just be me

The way I am?

Remy pulled back as a fish jumped out of the water and into his reflection.

Can I trust in my own heart

Or am I just one part

Of some big plan?

Remy watched some bird fly over head before his eyes landed on his father, standing on a dead tree. Going to join him, the wind blew past as leo started singing again.

Even those who are gone

Are with us as we go on

Your journey has only begun

Tears of pain, tears of joy

One thing nothing can destroy

Is our pride, deep inside

We are one

Leaping off the buildings, the two mutants ran through groups of curiously, unafraid, mutants and humans, many with their young. Leo often slowed so remy could keep up as they approach the palace.

We are one, you and I

We are like the earth and sky

One family under the sun

Running up the path, leo stopped as Remy caught up.

All the wisdom to lead

All the courage that you need

You will find when you see

We are one

Leo indicated the palace to his son. Remy squinted at his home, trying to see what his father was talking about. Leo noticed his son's confusion and looked back at the palace. But he understood what it was he was thinking and went back to his son's side. "As long as you live here, it's who you are." Leo said as he hugged Rémy, kissing the top of his head, noticing he seemed unconvinced. "You'll understand someday." Leo went back inside, trusting the guards to keep an eye on Remy. Remy sighed before smiling as the baby bird fluttered by him, circles, and flew off over Japan and into the sunset. Remy looked sadly thoughtful for a second as he watched. At least the bird could come and go as it please, but he was still stuck with the royal life.