Chapter 11

Rain pelted the two clans as they closed in on the field of battle and buzzards circled overhead. Remy and Ginas were running as fast as they could, knowing it was too dangerous to fly in the thunderstorm. Eda took a place on top of a rock where she could look down on the palace clans, who were glaring as they finished lining up. "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!" pinkie pie teased as she made moose ears with her hands, earning a couple of smacks upside the head from April and Mikey. "It's over, Leonardo!" Eda grinned evilly as she ignored the rain dripping from her face. "I have dreamed of nothing else for years!" "Boy, does she need a hobby." Pinkie muttered to Mikey, who nodded in agreement. "This is your last chance, Eda." Leo warned. "Go home." "I am home!" Eda proclaimed as the lightning flashed and thunder cracked. "Attack!" The foot clan took out their weapons and yelling, the two opposing lines advanced towards each other, first walking, picking up speed until they hit at a full run, and meeting in the middle of the sodden land. "Go for the eyes!" Eda coached her clan from atop her high rock, grinning at the battle results. "Break his jaw! Hit him low! Get them! Do what you must!" On the other side of the canyon Leo had been knocked into earlier that day, Remy and Ginas watched as mud from the battle is rose. Glancing at each other worried, they rush towards the battlefield at full speed, despite what the outcome may be. "What do we do?" Mikey asked as he and pinkie pie ducked behind a rock, flinching at the pained cries. "What do we do?" "There's only one thing we can do, Mikey." pinkie replied. "'When the going gets tough, the tough get going.' That's our motto!" "I thought our motto was 'Hakuna Matata'!" Mikey protested. "Mikey, stop living in the past!" pinkie pie sighed. "We need a new motto. Yeha!" The two raced into the battle with their attempts of a battle cry. Remy and Ginas leap across, nearly falling at times, but making it safely as the logs being to shift. "Where's your pretty son, Elizabeth?" Karai taunted as she appeared on a ledge above Liz. "Karai!" Liz growled in anger. Karai leaped down onto Liz, making the two roll as they fought fiercely with Liz ending up on top, giving her the advantage with her sword. Back on the battlefield, Eda was laughing as she saw the battle turning in her favor. "Leonardo..." Eda growled as she jumped down from her rock with two other foot ninjas backing her up as she approached the king, "you're mine!" Leo roared as he fought of who several opponents at once, not noticing Eda until she knocked him down. With a growl, he got back to his feet, taking his katanas out and the two began circling each other. The Clans stop their battles and watched Leo and Eda prepare to fight one-on-one. Rearing up with roars, they prepared to land their first blows, but movement to the side caught their attention. Remy and Ginas leap into the scene, growling as they stood between the two enemies. "Remy?" Leo asked in shock as Remy took a serious look as his father spoke his name. "Ginas!" Eda growled as Ginas narrowed her eyes at her daughter. "Move." "Stand aside." Leo ordered his son. "Father, this has to stop." Remy replied firmly, shocking Leo even more. "You're even weaker than I thought." Eda snarled at her daughter. "Get out of the way!" "You'll never hurt Remy... or Leo." Ginas replied with her own growl, making Eda gasp. "Not while I am here." "Stay out of this!" Leo recovered and tried to get Remy to move again. "A wise king once told me, 'We are one'." Remy replied gently. "I didn't understand what he meant two years ago... but I do now." "But... they-" Leo gave mild protest, thrown off at the fact Remy was bringing something from that long ago up. "Them? Us." Remy replied as he and his father looked at the clans gathered. "Look at them... they are us. What differences do you see? Aren't we all part of the Circle of Life?" leo looked with remy and could not tell where outlander and palace clans separated from each other. karai saw this too as her head raised up, her face wearing one of shock and speechlessness. The battle stopped as remy and leo look at one another, remy smiling at his father. The clouds part and the rain stops as remy glances up and sees one star shining brightly out of all the others. Finally, and truly smiling, remy putted away his swords steps forward and nuzzles his son as he finally understood what he taught two years ago. They were one.