Chapter 7

Remy sighed as he held Ginas. His friend had been through a lot in her life, he didn't need a 'darkness guilt' eating at her to. But Ginas seemed to have other ideas as she pulled away, clearing her throat. "What's wrong?" Remy asked in surprise. "Nothing." Ginas replied as she walked a few paces away, her back turned towards Remy. "Ginas..." remy walked closer. "It's just that my whole life I've been trained to..." Ginas stopped and shook his head before walking off again. "Nothing. I got to go." "Ginas?" remy asked, making the older mutant pause. "Wait." Ginas looked back at remy's face staring back at her. With a sigh, Ginas turned away and continued to move. "And where are you going?" rockwell asked as he suddenly appeared in front of Ginas, his finger on the woman's nose. "Uh..." Ginas was in a stunned silence for a couple seconds. "Nowhere." "That's what you think!" rockwell chuckled as he disappeared into the tall grass, vanishing from sight. "Who was that?" Ginas asked Remy in complete confusion. "Uh..." Remy gave a soft chuckle, slightly apologetic. "Rockwell, friend of the family." "Uh-huh." Ginas replied, before whirling around as she felt Ginas playing with her hair. "Hey!" "Come on! You two follow old Rockwell!" Rockwell laughed as he darted away. Giving Ginas's clothes a tug. "He knows the way!" "The way where?" Ginas asked hesitantly, making Remy shrug. "If you follow, you'll see!" Rockwell called as he swung tree to tree using vines. "Hurry now you slow pokes!" "Ginas, come on!" Remy giggled as the two ran after the mutant monkey. "Where's he taking us?" Ginas asked as they skidded to a halt in front of a rare waterfall along the Nile. "To a special place in your heart called..." Rockwell appeared behind them and pressed their noses together. "Upendi! Guiding the two behind the waterfall, Rockwell set them both in a heart shaped boat and started them down the river, singing.

There's a place where the crazy moon

Makes the monkeys sing and the baboons swoon

And the sultry scent of the lotus bloom

Will carry you away

Rockwell took one of the mentioned flowers from an offering monkey, and gave it to remy. Remy held it to Ginas 's nose so she could enjoy the scent, but it just made her sneeze.

Where the hippos swing from the jungle vines

And the rhino rumba in a conga line

And the pink flamingoes are intertwined

As the stars come out to play

The mentioned animals all showed their parts to the mutants, Remy giggling at the antics while Ginas gave them a bored look, feeling confused on the inside.

In Upendi

Where the passion fruit grows sweet

And it's so divine

That you lose your mind

As it sweeps you off your feet

Picking some fruit, Rockwell offered it to Remy, who accepted it and ate, and Ginas, who refused, not interested in anything the wise monkey had to offer. Especially after the flower. As a turn came up, Rockwell used his staff to guide them around the corner. As they fell over the edge of a small waterfall, Rockwell grabbed a heart shaped leaf and stuck it over Ginas's head.

In Upendi

Without a worry or a care

It just takes two