12| The balls in your court, baby

Art credit:beesflyy
TW: Mature themes.

                   12| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁, 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆

Time seemed to pass by relatively quickly over the next 4 days.

Before you know it you had set up your computer and didn't feel the need to ask for any help from Toji or Nanami and yet here you and Toji both were texting back and forth over your days off.

all the two of you seemed to do was text and get to know each other more and more every day. It became as simple as breathing for you too.

You learned some of Tojis's favorite hobbies even though he didn't have many. He worked and worked and worked. Perhaps, It was to keep his mind occupied and to distract himself from times he'd rather forget but even after all of that he still made time for you.

The two of you had become kinda close and you were counting down the days until you too encountered each other once more and you would like to fantasize him doing the same.

You tried to keep the conversations as casual as you could but it was impossible not to get sucked in. You felt hopeless for staring down at your phone waiting for that one notification to pop up that caused your heart to spike.

It was pathetic and, yet, you couldn't stop and it was the same for him at least you assumed as much. He always answered fast and knew how to keep up a conversation up it got less awkward and more playful as time progressed.

He told you he would be at your office the day you came back which caused a tingling feeling in your gut. The butterflies wings kept grazing your rib cage and it made you smile like a child.

You were excited to go back to work and it was now nightfall and work started tomorrow and you couldn't wait.

it was a stage feeling you wounded to yourself out loud.

"Is this what love feels like?"You said out loud but automatically slapped your hand over your mouth. love? You had never once felt anything like this for anyone. You knew the concept of love but there were different kinds and this possible infatuation was not like any before so what is where your feelings towards Toji?

You had encountered the idea of loving Toji before but that was a helpless prediction or was it not?

You despised the idea of thinking like this about him when you had only known of him for 2 weeks and to go ahead and say you loved him would be too far-fetched and ridiculous but you were confronted with the idea that you indeed liked him.

That much seems clear crystal. So why were you thinking such observed thoughts?

You just decided to go to sleep after all tomorrow would be a big day and you needed to be rested up and your fullest attention on tomorrow's task but you knew that would be hard when he was so close who knows what could and would happen.