chapter one: beautiful baby boy

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Markus Honey, that's not how you-..."
Amanda stops, giggling quietly as her fiancé fiddles with the pipes for the tents.

"Almost got it, I'm sure."
Markus says, continuously shooing his long hair away from his eyes. Amanda keeps telling him to cut it since it causes him so much irritation but he's just too stubborn to listen.

"No, you don't, but keep trying...its funny."
I say. Amanda continues to giggle on and playfully shove my shoulder.

"Oh god...(y/n), could you tell my baby of a lover to not throw a tantrum over the tents?"
Amanda says, still smiling.

"Im not a baby...!"
Markus protests, looking at us and away from the poles just long enough for the pole to slip off the tent and fall on the floor.

"Honey...the pole."
Amanda says, amusement very clear on her face. Markus standa still for a moment with a stoic face before he speaks up.

"...I am aware. if I don't look, then the pole is still here."
Markus mumbles.

Im glad these two are together, Markus has a sense of humor and Amanda laughs very easily...it helps the both of them. Although I have to say that the last month or two has been very odd for them....maybe that's why they're here, to rekindle their love.

"Speaking of babies, I'm gonna check on the kid, have fun with your big baby of a fiancé."
I chuckle, turning to walk to the car. Amanda immediately shoots her gaze at me.

"Oh, you don't have to! I can!"
Amanda says, I turn back to her and just smile.

"You brought me along to help with him, seems fit I help."
I say.

"But you don't need to, I can get him later, really...!"
Amanda continues to protest.

"Honey, its fine, they're responsible enough to go to the car and back, besides, you don't always have to be the one to hold the baby."
Markus says.

Amanda seems to pause, looking for another way to protest in her favor, but she doesn't seem to be able to find one. She sighs and nods, giving me that same smile again.

"You're...you're right. Go ahead then."
Amanda says, turning back to her fiancé.

"Thank you, sweetheart."
Markus says.

"...will you be able to put those poles in by sundown?"
Amanda asks.

"...yeah, why?"
Markus asks.

"The baby will be cold. Why else?"
Amanda asks.

"Ah."
Markus hums, turning back to the monstrous metal poles he had been battling for nearly an hour now. Something tells me I'll be the one pinning them into the floor after Markus declares them a lost cause.

I walk towards the car that's parked just outside the forest edge and in a beautiful field. We all came in the same car to save on gas, but listening to Markus and amanda the entire time definitely made me regret it.

The sun shines across the sky as the cold grass crunches under my feet. it's nearly thanksgiving now...wow, time passed by quickly. I still remember when Amanda told me she thought she was pregnant, her tears when she thought Markus would leave...and her wide smile when Markus proposed then and there...It's amazing how fast time goes by when you love what's happening.

I open the car door and lock eyes with the two month old baby, who seemed to have just woken up...little baby Iris. With fluffy tufts of his mothers black hair, I'm surprised he still has the hair, I was sure it would fall out after birth.