chapter three: speed away from death

Anyone know some good songs to write with? I've been looking for some calm and spooky ones, and its harder than it should be.

[This chapter is mostly in a car, but in between my work and my list of shit to do, i didn't think of much else to write about]

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Why do i still hear it?!

"FUCK FUCK FUCK...!!"
I yell into the trees as i continue to bolt towards the car, Iris sobs and screams like he knows exactly what's happening...that thing is hopping trees and following us.

The second i spot the car near the edge of the forest, the creature lets out another roar, so i try my best to speed up...maybe if i get away from the forest, it can't hop those trees to pounce on me, then I'll at least have an advantage...then a disadvantage over holding Iris.

"Just...hold on!"
I mumble, holding Iris tightly, he seems to attempt to grip onto my shirt, he's just as scared as me...he couldn't know what's going on, he's probably terrified of all the noises.

I take one last step and fling myself out of the forest, the car is feet away now, and the monster may be less...but this is gonna work, it has to.

The creature lets out a more distant sounding roar as i reach the car and jump into the drivers seat, locking the doors with a press of a button and reaching over to strap in Iris in her car crib.

"Alright, Chub, i know this is really scary...but we're gonna stay in the car, just until your Mommy or Daddy call me, okay?"
I coo, Iris just continues to sob.

"Yeah...that's a pretty fair reaction."
I mumble.

I turn away from Iris and jump in my seat, staring directly into the white eyes of the creature on my side window..the light of the car gives me so much detail in its face, and it makes me even more afraid..

"Jesus, fuck!!'
I curse out, seeing it bare its teeth at me.

It looks human..but not human at the same time, its expression morphed into a monster-like snarl, pale skin and veins all visible, its teeth..they look like a wolf's teeth, sharp and menacing.

"...go away."
I mumble, frantically switching my gaze from the lock on the door to its eyes and teeth...it won't break the window, will it?

From the corner of my eye, i spot something back in the forest, like...shining dots, multiple ones, directly in front of the car...what is that?

"...what?"
I whisper, grabbing the keys from my pocket and putting them in the car...stars aren't in the trees, so what is it..?

I turn it, and i feel like my soul begins to die the very second the lights shine into the forest.

There's more of them.

"Holy shit..."
I whimper, the creature beside my window bares its teeth into a wider position, showing the disgusting slime-like saliva that was dripping onto Iris and I just a few minutes ago.

...this is fucking terrifying, where are my friends, and why are these things here?? Its like I've been flung into hell...yeah, this is hell...im in hell.

"Fuck this."
I growl, shifting gears and gripping the steering wheel...they'll call if they're still alive, but i was brought here to keep Iris safe, whether or not this was a possibility, I'm still keeping Iris safe from these...things.

The car speeds up quickly as I slam down on the gas, drifting onto the road and quickly speeding off, the gravel road practically shining in my headlights, although the glowing gravel gets little to no attention, as my eyes dart from the path to the forest..i almost know they're following me, one did, they others might.

I feel like my heart is jumping in my body as the car speeds up, i shouldn't be going this fast...what if Markus or Amanda jump out of the woods? I wouldn't see them and I'd hit them. But if i slow down too much...i'd be the one to die.

The baby's cries begin to get louder, so i stretch my arm to the back of the car and grab his tiny arm gently.

"Don't worry, chub...its gonna be okay, we'll park somewhere more populated, like a gas station...then we'll call the police and tell them what we saw."
I say, the baby seems to be amused at my hand, as i feel his little gums nom onto my pointer finger...cute, but what's going on at the moment doesn't have time for cute things.

I grip the steering wheel tightly with my other hand, staring at the road...they wouldn't still be following, right? I really hope we hit civilization soon, how long was the drive here..?

"...this is a real 'hell on earth' situation, huh, Chub?"
I mumble, talking to the infant like he actually understands..i know he most likely can't, but its a comfort just to speak to somebody right now.

"Yeah...if only you understood this, then again if you were old enough to understand this you would be scared...maybe its best you're a baby."
I say, chuckling a bit at the little realization...i wish i was a baby right now, then I'd at least not be as terrified...more in danger, sure, but less scared if i would die.

I continue to keep my eyes on the road, slowing the car down just a bit to make sure we're not totally fucked if a deer walks out from the woods...or my friends, Iris' parent's...all alone in the forest where those creatures were emerging from...fuck, i shouldn't have let Markus do this.

A sudden thump on the car and Iris' screams and cries resuming makes me jump out of my guilt tripping, I immediately turn to look in the back of the car, and once again, i stare at the horrific creature.

"AH!"
I shout, hitting the gas to try knocking it off with a passing branch..or just the pure speed of the incoming wind.

It hits the back window and cracks it, but it doesn't stop at that and continues to bang on it,i quickly look back at the road...only to see more standing there. My first instinct is to turn and drive into the field, but before the realization of the forest kicks back in, I've begun to swerve into the forest..a downslope area.

Bumps and bushes are rammed into by the front of the car, i can hear Iris crying loudly, but i can't hear the creature anymore...maybe i got lucky and a branch hit it in its ugly face.

"FUCKFUCKFUCK!"
I continue to scream, hitting the breaks quickly, the tires screech but it doesn't stop, its like the breaks have something in them...maybe a fucking stick from these bushes.

I quickly jump in the backseat, sitting beside Iris and moving over the car crib, any protection for what's to come is better than none.

I close my eyes tightly for the incoming impact of the crash...but instead i feel a sudden stop in the bumps, but no collision, its just...nothing. I open my eyes for just a second and regret it immediately.

...we're falling.