chapter thirteen: farther into hell.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I spy with my little eye...something black."
I say, Iris doesn't look at me and instead chews on the bat...if the Villagers knew their apparent sacred carving was being used as a teething toy, they'd be livid...hopefully we don't run into any pissy or religious ones.

"...its your hair! Damn, you're bad at this game..!"
I say, laughing a little, talking to the baby is fun at times, even if he has absolutely no idea what im saying.

The sun is rising, i haven't seen one of those 'cursed people' so far...im feeling good. This map has been pretty helpful so far, im glad i went to Mister Avery's house, he's really nice...god, im so ready to leave this place now and for all, im cold and its eerie to walk around a town that apparently curses its residents.

"Seems like you forgot You're hungry...go on, stay forgetful, at least until we're at Luiza's house, okay?"
I say...Iris seems fine now, but his stomach will be hurting like hell by the time we're where we need to go.

I wish i was as forgetful as Iris....that dream, it's still in my head. I had forgotten that, after Amanda gave birth i just stopped worrying...i guess i forgot one of the reasons i was so worried in the first place, that herb...that fucking herb.

The Lady tricked Amanda, i just know it...Amanda was in so much pain, and the ultrasounds and baby checkups were so much worse, it was like the herb was hurting Amanda and Iris. Amanda thought she miscarried so many times...she was even worse than she was before..that Lady deserves so much fucking pain, just like the pain she caused Amanda so have.

Maybe that herb is why Amanda was so protective, she was so afraid that one of them would die in the hospital, she kept screaming and crying like she was dying, even before she was in labor...and the noises she made when she had contractions...oh God, i wish i still didn't remember...

"...im glad You're around, Chub...or I'd be going completely fucking insane."
I say...im talking to a two month old, i may already be batshit crazy.

The sun rises over the village as i start to walk up a long pair of old cobblestone stairs. The view from up here makes the windmill village look oddly beautiful...albeit terrifying, the scenery when the sun is up makes up for nearly drowning in the car...well, that's a lie, nothing really makes up for that, but this is still good.

As i reach the top of the cobblestone, I'm faced with a large wooden door, bones hang up like prizes all around it, it seems like a little trophy wall for hunting, but i doubt that's it, Honestly i wouldn't doubt it being a trophy wall for those dammed 'cursed' villagers...whether its cursed or uncursed bones hung up is not something i want to discover.

"Here we go, chubby chub."
I say, adjusting my grip on him and making sure his little blanket is over his head, gotta keep the baby warm, he's basically all i have at the moment..and if Amanda and Markus aren't okay, then he's all i have period.

Once im sure Iris is okay, I push the door open with my now free hand, it creaks open like its been still a thousand years, and on the other side is...more doors. A large cabinet-like thing to the side, but Besides that, all im seeing is more doors.

"The map should lead us the rest of the way, lets just.."
I pause, grabbing the map from the unclasped backpack.

I unravel it and eye the trail we've been following, but as i get to the little door he messily scribbled...i can't make out a single thing, its wet all across the rest of the map...the fucking backpack was underwater, why didn't i think before i put paper in it?!

"No...no no no...!"
I mumble, frantically waving the paper in a desperate attempt to dry it...but of course, it doesn't work.

"Fuck!! How do i know where to go now...?!"
I growl, slamming the now useless paper down...well, im happy it got us this far, but this far is definitely not going to be safe when those cursed people show up again.

I walk into the large area, eyeing the little signs on the doors as i walk through, they all have different little diamond shaped things on them, when i turn behind me and close the door i went through, i see a mermaid...i wonder if that has anything to do with the fish, maybe that place was just water themed entirely.

"Well...here comes luck, hopefully it actually helps and we don't sit on our asses in the wrong area."
I say, coddling the baby that seems to be completely careless about the possibly fatal situation we've been in since last night.

"Ah, as i live and breathe, here you are..!"
A familiar voice says.

...is that the man?

"What? Hello..??"
I call out, stepping farther into the area...where the hell is he??

The cabinet opens and the man reveals himself, sitting inside of it, lots of items are behind him, on shelves or hung up on the wall with rope...wow, it actually looks amazing.

"Sir? Wow, how did you get here so quickly..?"
I ask...fuck, did he go through some sort of shortcut?

"That's for me to know, although not for you to find out. i have to say, your escape from the sunken beauty of the clinic is impressive, i honestly gave you half a chance to make it to shore."
The man says, laughing heartily after...that's not all too funny, actually that's slightly terrifying.

I step up to his little shop and look up at him, he seems to smile like he has no problems in the world..fuck, why is that so eerie? Maybe because this place is fucking cursed.

"Uh...you wouldn't happen to know where Luiza's house is, would you?"
I ask.

"I do, its just beyond that door..!"
The man says, pointing over, i look to where he's pointing and see the door with the diamond that holds roses and swords..strangely beautiful, but just as creepy as the rest of this village.

"Wow...that diamond is really pretty."
I mumble, eyeing it, its amazing how detailed it is.

"As yes, Lord Dimitrescu's family crest is an absolute beauty to behold!"
The man says, smiling.

Lord Dimitrescu...hopefully that isn't the one Mister Avery warned me about.

"I'll be off then, nice to see you again, mister..."
I pause...its polite to know names, but im not sure if I'd even want to know his name.

"The people in this Village call me 'the Duke', feel free to use that yourself as well."
He says.

"Okay...the Duke, I'll be on my way."
I say, turning to walk off.

"Safe travels..!"
He waves me off.

Okay, i got my directions, now i just need to make it there, then everything's okay...we just might make it yet, Iris.