Chapter Eighteen: Birthdays and Secrets

"Hey princess." Tristan greeted me as I walked to his car.

"Sup Trissy." I smiled.

"I am starting t think it's your birthday instead of Liam's," He said raking his eyes over my white short deep V-neck long-sleeved dress.

"Eyes up here Trissy." I teased.

He rolled his eyes with a smile and ushered me into his car.

****************************************************************************

We reached Tristan's home. A cute three-story mansion with a fountain. It's like everyone in California spells rich. We might as well be living in Beverly Hills.

"Welcome to my humble abode." He said.

I snorted. "Humble. Right, and the white house is nothing but a treehouse."

He chuckled and led me to his backyard where there was a pool. A bunch of party decorations and lots of kids running around. I spotted the girls and walked over to them.

"Hey, girlies," I said.

Audrey's jaw dropped. "I need your whole closet." She said.

I laughed. "I'm serious girl. I mean your outfit, b.o.m.b" She squeaked.

"She's for real though, I am jealous too," Val said smiling.

"As if that's not enough to prove our point, Tristan can't seem to get his eyes off you." Ava pointed out looking over my shoulder. All the girls turned to look behind me with sly smiles but I resisted the urge to turn.

A brunette lady in a black lace dress and golden dress walked up to us.

"Hello, girls." She greeted with a smile.

"Oh Hazel, it's nice to meet you again." Audrey returned her smile.

Hazel smiled at her then hugged Ava and Val and then finally turned to me.

"Oh, and who is this beautiful gem." She smiled.

Before I could speak, Audrey answered. "This is Ella, your future daughter-in-law."

I gasped and my jaw dropped. Wait, daughter-in-law? Oh God, his is Tristan's mother.

Talk about shame. I want to dig a hole and crawl in it.

"Umm Mrs. Callahan uh_" I tried to tell her Audrey was only joking but she cut me off.

"Don't even try to cover it up, sweetie. Tristan talks about you all the time and now I see why." She said and I blushed.

"Also call me Hazel. Especially now that you are soon going to become my daughter." She winked and once again my jaw dropped. Why do people not understand simple friendships?

"Umm Girls I need help setting up the food. The caterers cancelled last minute." Hazel sighed.

"It's ok. We'll be more than happy to help." Audrey smiled.

"Thank you. Ava, Val you help me carry the food for the buffet, Audrey and Ella please set up the tables." Hazel said.

We all nodded and went to work.

I placed the forks and knives where they were supposed to be while humming to a song. I glanced over at Audrey who seemed deep in thought or maybe she was staring at something. I looked over and found her staring at Kyle who was staring back at her. They looked so in love.

I smirked and pulled out my phone and took a picture. At the sound of the camera, Audrey looked up.

I had a quirky smile while she blushed and glared at me.