Chapter Twenty One: Bonfire

"Have you packed everything you need? Your sleeping bag, your tent, your_?"

"Emma, we packed together and I triple checked everything," I said.

She sighed. "Sorry, I am hyperventilating for nothing. You are a teenager and you know what you are doing."

I hugged her. "It's just one weekend. Don't worry about me."

She pulled away. "You're right. And in any case, I should be bugging Kyle instead. That boy wouldn't be able to pack for himself if you laid everything out in front of him." I laughed. She smiled too and left.

I packed everything in my car and set off for school. Audrey, Val and Ava were waiting next to the bleachers.

"Finally, you are here. What took you so long?" Audrey asked.

"Emma wanted to quadruple check if I packed everything," I explained.

"Where's Kyle? I thought you were coming with him." Ava said looking around for Kyle.

I snorted. "You know Kyle has problems with packing stuff for himself. I couldn't wait."

"Makes sense, I guess. So are you going to the Campfire?" Val asked.

I sighed. "Nope, but I decided the rest of the Camping Trip would be pretty fun."

The girls got a puzzled look on their faces.

"You mean he hasn't asked you yet?" Audrey asked. Now I have a puzzled look on his face.

"Tristan, duh. We were all sure he would do it. If that boy makes you miss the Campfire, I will personally feed him to the most dangerous animal in my Aunt Flora's zoo." Audrey pointed out.

"Are you going to the Campfire?" I asked Audrey to change the subject from Tristan. That is an area I don't think I am ready to think or talk about yet.

Audrey blushed then tried to straighten herself. "Kyle offered. We figured if all of you are going together then why not? We don't want to miss out. Of course, we thought Tristan was taking you, Ella."

I smirked at her.

I know all your secrets, Aud. I shot her a look and she looked away knowing I was on to her.

"Hey, the bus is here. Come on let's go get good seats."

******************************************************************

"Hey, hey Ells.. we're here." Ava woke me. I looked around and realized we reached the campsite. Grabbing my bags, I walked out with the girls.

"Hey, guys we found a perfect spot to set our tents. Come on!" Val called out from the entrance of the forest.

I walked admiring the view. A whole lot of flowers were blooming, I could hear a waterfall in the distance and the trees were beautiful and spaced and the way it lets in the sunlight made me want to sit here and breathe it all in.

I walked with Ava to Val who was now flirting with Ty. Kyle and Tristan were arguing over the proper way to set a tent, Jake was finalizing his tent setting and Audrey was... well she looked like she was trying to find cell service.

"Do you really think you'll get any bars in the middle of the forest?" I mused.

She huffed and glared at me. "Well, it's worth a try."

"Why aren't you setting up your tent?" Ava asked.

"There's plenty of time to do that." Audrey waved us off and walked away raising her phone to go try somewhere else.