Chapter Twenty Four: She is here, my nightmare has arrived.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

It's going to be fine, it's just an extra fancy red carpet event with a lot of important rich people that are going to be shown live on TV and almost all the social media accounts. No biggie...

Who am I kidding? This is a biggie. a huge fat tremendous biggie. What if I mess up? Then Emma and Leo would regret ever meeting me. Then they will throw me back on the streets on live television and_

"Ella?"

That was my call back to earth from Anxiety Town. "Hmm?"

Emma looked at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"What? Me? Yeah, peachy." I lied.

"You haven't touched your fruit loops, sweetie, you have been staring at them for like ten minutes." She pointed out.

I sighed and pushed away my bowl of fruit loops, all hunger gone.

"Honey, I know you are worried about the business ball, my advice, picture everyone as your schoolmates or little dolls...take your pick. It's going to be okay." She said.

"Easy for you to say, you have been to thousands of red carpet events. You have shaken hands with the Queen or hugged Selena Gomez, or even taken a selfie with Justin Bieber. I came from the wrong side of town in Roseville, the only events I have been to are burials and occasional court hearings." I said.

"If it makes you feel any better, Justin Bieber takes horrible selfies." She joked. "Honey, when I started my business, I never pictured being famous or anything, I started my business because I loved designing and I loved clothes. I knew I always wanted to be a designer even if I was some local tailor, but then I grew to become famous which was a bonus I guess but I remember my first red carpet event. The C.A design gala. Girl, I messed that up. I was never taught how to waltz on the red carpet or any of that fancy stuff so when I tried to do it for the first time at the design gala, I stepped on the host's toes, spilled wine on Vivienne Westwood, and don't get me started on how I sneezed in the interviewer's face."

I laughed. I never imagined thee Emmaline Miller would do extremely embarrassing stuff like that. I was simply difficult to take in.

She also managed a smile. "My point is, I tried so hard to be fancy and fit in, I ended up messing the whole thing. So, I learned that all you have to do is act like yourself. Unless yourself has a knack for stepping on people's toes, then, we'll have a problem. "

"I guess you're right. I don't know why I am hyperventilating." I said.

She reached over the kitchen counter and handed me a glass of water. "Calm your nerves and go get dressed or I am leaving you, just kidding, but seriously it would be nice if for the first time one of my kids is ready on time"

I drowned down the glass and walked to the elevator when it kicked it. Emma considered me as 'one of her kids'

I turned back but Emma was gone. I smiled to myself and headed for my room.

**********************************************************************

"Oh, My wow! Ella, you look like an angel, a goddess, an angel goddess." Kyle commented.

"Err- I'd rather not think of myself as a goddess," I said shuddering from my experience with a sort of goddess.

"Alright, I'll bet you ten bucks Tristan is going to ask her to dance tonight," Ethan smirked.

Josh rolled his eyes. "Tristan is an idiot, why would you think he would ask an angel to dance?"

"I think the real question here is why are you betting on Tristan?" I asked.