Chapter Twenty Eight: Mom

The world hates me. Why? It can't just let me be. Just after Tristan says he likes me, I get the worst news I have received in Cali yet.

I ran into the hospital hallway when I found Leo, Ethan, Josh, Matt, and Aiden. Wow, this isn't how I pictured a celebrity's family reunion.

This isn't the time for jokes Ella.

"Where's Emma?" I asked.

"She's still in the ICU," Ethan answered. I had never seen him or Josh look depressed. They were always laughing or joking or playing pranks but now, they looked the total opposite.

I sat on the chair and tried to catch my breath.

"What happened to her?" I asked again.

"She crashed into another car," Josh said.

I stared longingly at the door that read ICU. I really hoped she would be okay. She always treated me like I was her daughter even if her best friend strayed and betrayed her. I can't even start counting the things she's done for me since.

The doctor came out and Leo jumped out of his seat to talk to him.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"She is out of danger, she will probably be awake in a few hours." The doctor said with a smile.

We all heaved a sigh and Leo turned to us.

"You guys go home and take Aiden with you, I'll call when she wakes up," Leo said.

No one moved. Tristan placed his hands on mine. Wow, I barely noticed he was there.

"You go home." He whispered.

I shook my head stubbornly.

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"Leo, I'll take Ella and Aiden home." He offered.

My head snapped to him and I glared.

"Thank you," Leo said.

"I did not agree to any part of this arrangement," I said.

Tristan smiled and grabbed Aiden's hand and mine... I tried pulling it out but he was just too strong.

"Kyle, save me," I begged. He just chuckled and shrugged. That traitor.

"I don't want to go home." I challenged.

"I will stop by the doughnut shop on our way," Tristan said,

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Tempting.. but no, I will stay. "

He let go of my hand but grabbed my waist before I could escape and slung me onto his shoulders.

I punched his back and kicked but he still didn't let go. The nurses and patients looked at me weirdly and amused. I flashed them "wassup" smiles.

Tristan put me in the passenger seat and I huffed. Aiden sat in the back seat and looked out the window.

"Aiden? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Is mommy going to be okay?" He asked.

I smiled at him, he was just too adorable.

"Of course she is going to be okay. Just you wait." I said.

He relaxed and smiled. "Tristan said he would go through the doughnut shop." He said cheerfully.

I smirked at Tristan. "He did, didn't he?"

Tristan chuckled. "Next stop, the doughnut shop. Buckle up, children."