3

Derek sat at his kitchen island, sipping his coffee and enjoying the soft sunlight flowing through his windows. The alphas were right on his tail, but he had Cora back and Peter was behaving himself. For now. And in his life, he had to enjoy all the quiet he could get whenever he could get it.

Issac came stumbling down the stairs and just like that the peace was gone. Derek scowled at him, fighting with his hoodie sleeves and stuffing his stuff into his backpack. Obviously Derek had heard him upstairs but the added visual was the final straw of complete annoyance.

"Issac!" He boomed in his alpha voice. He heard Cora snarl in his room as Issac froze, obviously frightened. He instantly regretted snapping at his beta for both waking up Cora and the young wolf's abusive past.

"What are you doing? You're early," he attempted in a softer tone.

"Oh yeah, I know," he said nervously. "It's just that Stiles' is my ride to school and he's gonna be early today. "

Derek raised his eyebrow. He didn't know that Issac and Stiles had started spending time together. He didn't understand why he felt a surge of anger and annoyance. He shook it off and nodded.

"Alright. Eat something first," he said, going back to his breakfast.

"It's fine, Stiles and I are getting coffee and donuts on the way," he said, closing the door behind him. Now Derek was left alone to wonder about the unexplained anger.
~

Derek looked at his phone. 11:11 p.m. but he couldn't sleep. He was thinking about Stiles and Issac. He listened to Cora's heartbeat. But he only heard hers. Issac wasn't home. He hadn't been since he left for school. Derek already guessed where he was.

He found himself getting out of bed and getting dressed. He was gonna check Stiles' house. He told himself he just wanted to make sure Issac was safe but he knew the real reason he was going to Stiles' house. He wanted to confirm what he already suspected. He felt kinda guilty about deciding to spy as he started up his Camero, but he pushed the feelings aside and drove to stiles' house.