8

Derek's p.o.v.
Lately, Issac has been home all the time. Everytime I get home from a date or a run,
he's right there. Giving off this scent of despair and sadness. I'm starting to actually get a bit worried about him. So when I find him on the couch for the third day in a row, I decide it's time for an intervention.

I sit beside him and notice that he's watching Harry Potter.
"I guess Stiles is really rubbing off," I tease. Instantly, the smell of sadness turns into depression.

"Whoa, what happened between you two? You break up or something?" I ask. He stays quiet
"It's nothing," he says, after a while. He gets up. I'm guessing to get away from the conversation. Oh no you don't. I grab his hand.

An electric shock goes through my body and everything suddenly makes sense. Why I don't feel the same about Jennifer anymore. I feel an instant, deep connection. To Issac, to Stiles. It's like I was missing parts of me and I suddenly became whole. I don't need anyone to explain to me what this is. They are my mates.

So now I really need to know what's happening. I tighten my grip on his arm.

"Tell me what's going on, now," I
demand.

"You felt it," he says, staring at me. I nod.

"You and Stiles. You're my mates," I say. Issac's eyes light up.

"Both of us?" he asks. If he had a tail, it would be wagging right
now. It's adorable how happy he is.

"Yeah, both of you," I say. He throws his arms around my neck, tackling me to the couch.

I laugh as I hold his waist, planting a kiss his head.

"We got to tell Stiles," he says.

"Call him over then," I say. All the lights leave his eyes and he mumbles.

"He isn't answering my calls texts," he says. I raise an eyebrow. I feel the worry forming in the pit of
my stomach. I know Stiles has mental health issues and he only avoids everyone when he's sad.

"Did you have a fight?" I ask.

"Not really," he mumbles, burying his face in my chest, "He was just sad after I told him you were my mate, but he wasn't sure you were his mate too," he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"You know Stiles. It took him forever to believe I loved him. I'm not sure he believes that he's my mate either," he says, sighing. I don't only smell his sadness, I feel it. As well as my own.
"We're going over there. Right now," I say.
________

Stiles' p.o.v. ***(trigger warning)***
I open my eyes the sun shines
in, waking me up. After a quick walk around to make sure my dad isn't at home, I decide to skip school today.

I glance at my phone idly. I know I have a bunch of texts from Issac and Scott. Even a few from the girls. But I just can't talk to anyone right now. Since I decided
that Issac should have Derek, all I
feel is depression. After that, all thinking that I could never be Derek's mate and over the last few days, I realize how right I was.

Why Derek ever want someone like me? I was still only just repulsive to him. Just as I've always been. With all my issues.
The panic attacks, the depression, Isaac's probably just dating me because he feels sorry for me. He'll be better off with Derek.

I sigh, putting down the box of animal crackers I had been toying with as I played Fortnite. I go up to my room, falling into bed for my third depression nap
today.

I stare at the ceiling, I had realized the moment I fell into the bed that sleeping would be difficult right now.

My eyes fall on the the knife. It was sharp. And brand new. I bought it the last time I went to school.

All it would take was one slice in the right place. And all my pain would disappear. But I couldn't do that. But I want to. So badly.

I get up, taking the scissors into
my hand. And I can't wait anymore. I run the blade across my wrists, feeling relieved as the blood runs down my fingers and drops to the floor. I slide down to
the floor, feeling weak. My eyes begin to close as I hear a knock
my door.