10

Stilies' p.o.v.
I open my eyes and I don't know where I am for a second. The sunlight is so bright and warming, and I feel the most peaceful I have ever felt in my life.

"You're awake," a voice says. One I never thought I would hear again. It can't be.

"Mom?" I say, bolting up. It's really her. My eyes fill with tears instantly. She smiles at me.

"Hello sweetheart."

***

Issac's p.o.v.
Stiles' machines just went haywire and Derek smells the way I feel. Panic. We are crowded against the walls beside the door. Close enough to know what is happening without being in the doctors' way.

Derek is pacing the halls like a crazy person while I hug myself. I can't stop shuddering. I've been having them since I got here. I'm so afraid it's my fault I'm losing Stiles. I never should have agreed to seeing Derek alone. I never left shoud have left him alone that night. I knew something was wrong. Derek would be so mad at me if he found out. Even worse, does Stiles think I don't love him anymore? How could I let him think that?

Melissa comes out and beckons us all out of earshot. Derek is so busy pacing that I have to go get him. I take him over to the pack and Scott pats him lightly on the back, looking a sad puppy himself. Normally, Derek would have taken off his head for doing that, but this time he doesn't pretend not to need it. I think we all need one now.

"Stiles is in a coma. We don't know if he is going to wake up," she says. Her words hit me like bricks and my chest starts burning as I struggle to breathe before everything goes black.

***

Stiles' p.o.v.
"Are you okay?" Mom asks. I become aware of the fact that I've been staring at her for the last 10 minutes.

"What? Yeah, no. I'm fine. This is just so amazing. You're really here. How did this happen? Whoa, this is so cool.  Wait, are you okay? It's been so long-" I'm cut off by Mom's laugh. I stare at her confused and honestly kinda worried. She could be a demon or something that's playing a trick on me.

"There's the Stiles I know and love," she says, caressing my cheek. My heart is so full, it could burst. I really missed Mom. I engulf her in a hug.

"I have so much to tell you," I whisper, hearing my own voice break. She pulls back and smiles at me.

"Well, start talking."
So I did. I told her about my life. My best friend. And most importantly, Derek and Issac. And how much they mean to me. Then I'm suddenly reminded they don't feel the same. I look away and my mom instantly realizes something is wrong.

"What's wrong Stiles?" she asks, holding my face in her hand.

" I just... I wish they loved me," I say quietly, and I'm shocked by her laughter. I sulk and pull away from her.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. But of course they love you. They clearly do. Maybe that Derek boy is terrible at saying it, but he does show it. And Isaac does both," she says, with a smile. My eyes widen as I stare at her. Maybe she's just saying these things to make me feel better.
"How do you know?" I asked.

"I've always been watching you love," she says, kissing my head.

My heart explodes that instant, my mom has always been looking out for me. I knew it. I could feel her and I knew she was always there. And I'm not crazy. That's a huge plus. I hug her, clinging to her tightly.

She smiles, rubbing my back, "It's time for you to go home baby," she says.

"But I haven't seen you in so long," I say, my eyes filling with tears as I realize I'm losing Mom all over again.

"I'll always be with you, Stiles. And it's not time for you to join me yet. I need you to take care of your dad for me for awhile," she says, kissing my head.

I nod, clinging to her still as I try to remember everything about this moment, right here as her and this world begin to fade.

"I love you Stiles," is the last thing she whispers to me.
*******

Stiles' p.o.v.
I open my eyes slowly, and I feel like an elephant is sitting on me. I guess that's what happens when you lose so much blood. I look over and Issac is on the bed beside me, smiling sheepishly while a nurse takes his vitals, while Derek is chewing him out.

"Why didn't you say something? You scared me," he growls at Issac, his arms folded in the way they typically are when he is unpleased.

"I only fainted, it's not a big deal..." Issac trails off as Derek tensed in displeasure. I giggle and Isaac looks up, his eyes lighting up.

"Stiles?" he says. Derek turns around and his eyes match Issac's excited look, and in that moment, I know they both love me.

In an instant they are both beside me and Derek pulls me into a powerful hug while Isaac nuzzles my neck and hugs me from behind.

This is the first time I've ever been in Derek's arms before and it's more than I ever imagined. His hair is so soft and smells so good.

"I'm so happy you're alive," Derek says. All I can do is giggle as I feel both Isaac and Derek's body warmth surround me.

"Don't scare us like that again, please. We need you," Isaac whimpers.

"I promise I won't," I say, snuggling between them.