7

A/N~ I'm typing this at 4 A.M. while watching Dexter. Dexter is awesome and I love him. I might actually write a fanfic on him ^_^. Anyways,enjoy the book ducklings

Derek's p.o.v.
I sit on the couch, feeling exhausted. I'm not concerned about it, that will fade soon enough. The perks of being a werewolf. What really concerns me is despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Jennifer, I'm not feeling satisfied with her anymore. If my mom was here, she would say it's because she wasn't my mate. But I don't believe that mate nonsense. Anyways, mine's probably already dead. Plus Jennifer is amazing. She's funny, smart, sweet and really beautiful. There's no reason I shouldn't be happy. But here I am. I didn't even want to go on our date today.

Cora comes downstairs and sits down beside me.

"Okay, what's up with the brooding again. Did you and The Princess get into a fight?" She asks. 'The Princess' is what she calls Jennifer. I don't think Cora hates her. But then again, she seems to hate everyone who isn't a Hale.

"No we didn't..." I hesitate, wondering if I should come clean. I mean, she is my sister after all.

"Spit it out. Cause I know it's something," she prodded.

"Fine, I say, sighing as I folded my arms, "It's Jennifer. I don't know, it's just the spark that attracted me to her is gone," I admit.

"Obviously. I mean, she's not your mate," she says. I rise an eyebrow, turning to face her.

"Is it that obvious? Plus are mates even a thing anymore?" I asked.

"It is. Otherwise you wouldn't lose the attraction you felt to her and not know why. It's simple. You were never really attracted in the first place," she says, messing up my har as she gets up. She knows I hate when she does it.

"You sound like Mom," I say as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm going for a run," she answers, walking off.
___

Issac's p.o.v.

"Why don't we do a romantic dinner? You know like candle lights?" I ask excitedly.

"Um babe, that's a terrible idea," Stiles says. I guess my pout is on the outside too, because Stiles gently ruffles my hair.

"Don't worry babe, we'll find a way to tell him," he says.

Stiles and I have decided that we're going to tell Derek that I'm his mate, and tell him our idea that all three of us are mates. But so far
Stiles has been rejecting all of my ideas. He wants this to be just as perfect as I do. I become aware of Styles' mood change.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask.

"Maybe you should see Derek alone tonight,
he says, without looking up.

"What? Why? I ask. Now I'm
super confused. Was he secretly upset
this whole time?

"Because you're sure and I'm not he says, playing with his fingers and still not looking up at me. I don't like this. It feels like there's
a rift between us. But I'm afraid to push him and start a fight. After everything that happened with my dad, fights scare me.

"Are you sure?" I ask, just one more gentle prod. He nods.

"Yeah, I'm sure" he says. I sigh and
pull him into my arms, rubbing his hair as I kiss his forehead. He still has that smell, I know it so well. I smell it everytime he has an anxiety attack. But I have no idea how to get rid of it.