lams ~ fwb but it's cute

laurens was laying in his bed, a blunt in his mouth, and his phone in his hands. he breathed in slowly before taking the almost burnt up blunt out of his mouth. john let his eyes roll back as the effects of the cannabis took over his body. he was texting his 'friend' alexander, asking what he was doing.

their conversation had been going on for about an hour, john getting distracted with every little text alex would send him. it was saturday night, they could've been out doing something fun but they were both stuck in their dorms due to the fact there was a flood watch and a downpour of rain near each of their dorms.

john sighed when the thunder started. he prepared himself for the texts that were going to start to slow down due to alexander's anxiety and fear of storms. he had a stupid thought cross his mind. he could go out despite what everyone was saying about staying indoors. tons of students were out partying, what would be the difference about laurens driving to pick up food and hamilton?

laurens got up from his spot on the bed, grabbing a few pre-rolled blunts and shoving them into his backpack. he grabbed a change of clothes, toiletries, his wallet, and his keys. he said a quick goodbye to his asshole of an ex-boyfriend/roommate, charles lee, then he was out the door. he slammed the door shut behind him, making his way to the stairs as opposed to the elevator.

the freckled man trudged down the stairs, making it down to the lobby in less than two minutes. he eyed up the administrator sat the desk then took a deep breath as he sped-walked away from them. john cursed underneath his breath when he finally realized he should've grabbed a jacket instead of keeping his hoodie on. it was going to get soaked.

john ignored this in favour of getting to his car to go see alexander. he booked it to the parking garage, wincing as the harsh pellets of raindrops fell down on him. he huffed when he finally entered his car, almost drenched in rain. john tossed his bag on the floor of the car, then started up his vehicle, ready to make two stops before seeing alexander.

the first stop john made was to the supermarket. he raided the snack aisle, only stopping after he caught some store employees looking at him strange. he checked out at self checkout to avoid more weird looks.

the sky hadn't stopped it's onslaught of thunder, rain, or lightning. john checked his phone on the way to mcdonalds to see if there were any texts from alexander. as expected, there weren't. john threw the bag of snacks on the floor with all of his other belongings before starting up his car again. he pressed his lips into a thin line after getting an alert that there was an accident on the road he was supposed to take to get to alex. john's face morphed into a frown as he hoped that it would be cleared up by the time he finished his errand at the last stop.

he quickly exited the store parking lot and made it to mcdonald's in a little bit more than five minutes. he went through the drive-thru and asked for everything to be cooked to order so it wouldn't be cold by the time he arrived by alex. he knew this wasn't the healthiest option, but it was comfort food. getting his order took about fifteen minutes which was more annoying than usual. he knew he had brought it upon himself but he didn't necessarily care.

last stop, alexander's dorm.

"who the hell..." alexander groaned and swung open the door angrily to see who in the world was banging at it.

"nice to see you too, lex."

a smile spread across alex's face as john stood outside of his dorm room holding a bunch of food. alex jumped forward to hug john, making him stumble backwards and balance everything so he wouldn't drop what he brought. he laughed as alex pulled him into the room, that smile never leaving his face.

"you drove all the way here?" alexander asked.

john nodded in response. he and alex didn't attend the same university. alexander goes to princeton while john attends juilliard. a little ways away for both of them. however, they still see each other at least three or four times a week. alexander was busy studying political science and john was majoring in theatre. totally two different universes the two came from.