lams ~ "i love you."

~ lol u get a cookie if u can guess all three musicals i mushed into one in the last sentence
lol this is complete shit btw i rushed to get this chapter out

john laurens was confused as well as pissed off as he recognized his ringtone obnoxiously waking him up from his sleep. he shifted around, trying to convince himself that he was dreaming. he grumbled to himself, sleep already pulling him back. the music stopped and john sighed contently. unfortunately, john couldn't catch a break. he groaned loudly as his ringtone came blasting through the silence of the night once more. he rolled over, frowning at the tiny device that was vibrating as well as blaring at him. he snatched it off of his nightstand, the charger that it was plugged into ripping out because of the force that was exerted. he aggressively pressed the answer button.

"what!?"

"i'm sorry, did i wake you?" the voice on the other line asked.

"no, i just feel like being a dick at," john paused, pulling his phone away from his ear to check the time. "two o'clock in the morning. who is this!?"

"your favourite person, alexander."

"you're about to become my least favourite person. what do you want?"

"can i come over?"

"i- - alex- - this couldn't have waited until a reasonable hour!?"

"please?" alexander's voice suddenly seemed very small, defeated almost.

john's grogginess faded, he had never heard alex say the word please unless it was in a sarcastic manner. john refrained from letting a sigh escape his lips. he nodded, then nearly hit himself in the head upon remembering alex couldn't see him.

"the door will be unlocked."

the call ended. john slapped both of his hands over his face, sighing deeply. he forced himself to get up and out of his comfortable bed. he trudged to the front door, unlocking it swiftly. he grabbed a pair of sweatpants off of the floor, slipping it on but not bothering to find a shirt. john laid himself back in his bed, his eyes no longer heavy. before he could think of all the reasons alex could possibly want to come over at two in the morning, he heard his front door open. he didn't bother getting out of bed to lock it back, alexander knew to lock the door. footsteps made their way to his room, john sat up once he saw alex's small figure standing in his doorway. he walked in without a word, then slipped in john's bed. alexander wedged himself into john's arms, laying his head on his chest and letting his legs tangle with john's. he sighed, he could feel john's chin pressing on his head.

"care to explain?" john drawled after a quick yawn.

"i'm sorry."

"sorry for what?"

"coming here."

"alex, what's going on? talk to me."

"i... i just feel... alone. i don't feel happy or sad. i just feel lonely, like i'm on autopilot."

"you've been taking your meds, right?"

"yes, but i don't think this is anything that really pertains to that. it's just seeing hercules and lafayette always being so lovey-dovey, jefferson and madison always shoving their love in everyone's face... i just feel lonely, john."

john wanted to kick alexander out of his house. how could he be so oblivious?

"lex, you can't let that get you down."

"but it does. i want to have something like that. i want someone to kiss me, spend time with me, and love me. you're telling me you don't wish for that sometimes?"