CHAPTER 17: It Was You

Lalisa Pov

I lied...again.

For some reason, Jennie looked happy and satisfied when I joined her in lying to the man who walked away from the cafeteria. Maybe Jennie is avoiding him and using me to push him away.

"Do you like her?" Roseanne asked.
"Yeah." She sighed.

"Romantically?" I looked at her and gave her a confused look. "She misunderstands you."

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"She thought you had romantic feelings towards her. I know that she is slowly falling in love with you."

"What should I do then?"

"Don't make her fall for you even more if you are not going to catch her." I furrow my eyebrows. "You are too naive, Lalisa."

"God made me like this." She shook her head.

"15 years ago, there is a woman in her forties and she is working here in Seoul, South Korea. The woman was born and raised in Buriram, Thailand. She lived there till she met her husband. They had a lovely daughter and they happily lived together. Till one day, the woman needs to work in a different country to pay for their expenses and for her daughter's future. " I looked at Roseanne and listened to her story.

"She served a rich family for a couple of years, and she only had a chance to go home when it was a holiday. One day, the daughter of the rich family asked the woman to bring her daughter to Seoul. She did, but unfortunately, a tragedy happened. " Roseanne sighed and continued.

"There was a typhoon that caused the airplane to crash. 327 passengers died and only 16 managed to survive. Her daughter belong to the 327 passengers who died. " She smiled bitterly.

"What happens next?" I asked.
"I am one of the passengers." She said it almost in a whisper.

"Are you the daughter of the woman?" She shook her head.

"It was you." She admitted.

"H-how did...you know?" I stammered and I felt something weird inside my body.

"We are sitting beside each other in the plane. My big sister and I had a small vacation in Thailand. "

"They say we can't remember anything that has happened to us in the past." She slightly nodded her head.

"It is, until we saw the photos and articles about us. We will eventually remember anything that happened to us in our past life."

"Did you investigate it?" I asked and she nodded. "Why?"

"I told you before that I want to be a human."

"I can't understand you." She held both of my shoulders and looked at me.

"I have been roaming around here in the human world for a couple of years. I discovered a lot of things and I want to experience being a human again. I especially want to feel and experience loving someone and receiving love from that someone." I sighed.

"I don't know anything about the human world. All I can remember is serving the souls in heaven." She removed her hold from my shoulders. "I don't think I can handle living here in the human world."

"But, you are living here just fine." I nodded.

"You are right, it is because of Jennie. She's the main reason I'm living comfortably and peacefully. She's been there for me since day one.She been taking care of me and I'm just nothing but a burden to her since day one." She looked at me with sadness.