CHAPTER 19: New Rules

Jennie Pov

I don't know what pushed me to confess to Lalisa. She clearly already told me to not fall for her, but here I am. I confessed my love for her.

She must be surprised and confused with my sudden confession. 

I immediately went to bed after I confessed to her. I'm afraid of her response because I know she is going to reject me.

She is still here in the room with Ella and I. She was sitting in Ella's bed and I think she was watching her.

All of a sudden, I felt my arms wrapped around my waist. It was Lalisa. She hugged me from behind. I can feel her warm breathe against my nape.

"You can't." She whispered to my left ear. Her voice is full of sadness.

I turned around to face her and a sad smile welcomed me. I caressed her side face and she relaxed on my touch.

"Why?" I asked her a question and she leaned her forehead against my forehead.

"Angels and humans are different." She closed her eyes and I stared at her beautiful face.

"I don't care who you are and what you are." 

"I'm a burden and the cause why you are in danger right now."  I shook my head and I cupped her face.

"You are not a burden and it's not your fault why that Wonwoo is hunting us." She chuckled and she opened her eyes.

"Jen, you called me a burden a lot of times. "Stop lying okay? " I rolled my eyes.

"Forget about that, I was only blabbering nonsense that time." 

"Jen?"

"Mm?"

"Don't love me." I shook my head, causing her to sigh.

"Let me love you." She was about to speak, but I continued speaking. "Let me love you, Lalisa. I'm not expecting you to love me too. I want to love someone precious like you, and I want you to feel love. "

"I'm not the one for you, Jen." I glared at her and she gulped in fear.

"If we are not for each other, we can still try. I don't want to love anyone except you because I only love you." I put my leg above her legs and scoot closer to her. "Rule number 1: Obey me, do whatever I ask you to do. Therefore, let me love you, and if you love me back, much better. "

"Rule 8: Think of what you as my master until I'm living in your household. It means I will think of you as my master, not a lover. " She smirked and I slapped her arm.

"New rule: disregard rule number 8 and think of me as your lover." She chuckled and shook her head in disbelief.

"You should sleep now." She covered our bodies with the duvet and I pouted. She cupped my face and kissed the tip of my nose. "Goodnight, Hun."

My eyes widened when she called me Hun and she smiled widely.

"Is that mean?" She nodded, and I immediately grabbed her face and peppered it with kisses. "I love you so much, Lalisa." 

I made her right arm my pillow and I snuggled against her chest. I hugged her tightly, afraid she would go away. She chuckled and stroked my hair.

I looked up to her and pouted my lips. She looked at me with confusion and I kept pouting my lips, but she couldn't understand what I meant.

"Kiss me on the lips." I demanded and pouted my lips even more. She pecked my lips and they were too short for me. I have been craving her lips since our first kiss. "Add another rule: if I pucker my lips, you should immediately kiss me."