CHAPTER 28: Top or Bottom

Lalisa Pov

It's been a  week since I last saw my father. Jennie hired a private investigator to get some information about my father's life after me and my mom died.

I'm at YG Library with Kang Seulgi because we both have a research paper we need to do and pass within the day, or else we will both fail the class.

We heard the bell ring, indicating that it's lunch time. We stood up from our seats and we walked to the school cafeteria.

I received a text from Nini saying that she was waiting for me at the cafateria and had already brought my lunch.

It's also been a week that Jennie became a more attentive, caring, sweet, clingy, and nice girlfriend. However, she is still grumpy and a bit savage sometimes. Well, if she didn't become savage or grumpy, that's not Jennie at all.

All of a sudden, I heard my phone ring. I fished out my phone from my pocket and I saw from the screen who was calling. It's Nini.

Nini🖤: Where are you?

Lisa: On the way to the cafeteria.

Nini: I'll give you 3 minutes to get your ass here.

Lisa: Nini, we're still f—

Nini: The timer starts now!

She hung up the phone, not waiting for my response.

Seulgi's wrist and dragged her to the cafeteria before the kitten got more angry.

"Why are we running?" Seulgi asked.

"Kitten is waiting for me." I heard her chuckle.

"That kitten of yours can't really wait to see you." I shrugged my shoulders and we continued running.

We arrived in the cafeteria, and I quickly sat beside the angry kitten. I'm catching my breathe because we really ran so fast and the library is pretty far from the cafeteria.

"7 seconds late." Nini uttered and she pushed the food tray in front of me.

"I'm sorry, Nini. I did my best to arrive on time, but I still failed. " I apologized and gave her my puppy eyes, which are one of her weaknesses.

She rolled her eyes and continued eating. I looked at Irene, Jisoo, Roseanne, and Ryujin, who is always with Jennie.

'What happened to her?" I said to them.

'Bad mood," they all mouthed in sync.

'Why?'

'Ask her.' I sighed and I looked at Jennie.

"Nini?" I called her but she didn't bother to look nor glance at me. "Did I do something wrong that made you mad?"

"You didn't." She answered without looking at me.

"Then, why are you in a bad mood?" She put down her chopsticks and she looked at me.

"You are 7 seconds late, you didn't greet me with a kiss on the lips, and you didn't give me my afternoon hug. We only have an hour to be with each other, but you are late and you wasted 7 seconds. " Our friends facepalm.