CHAPTER 30: Miracle

Lalisa Pov

We are currently sitting on the bench where we can see everyone enjoying their time here in Everland.

Jennie is swaying her feet in the air while her right hand holds her milk ice cream and her left hand is holding my right hand tightly.

She looks like a kid having a good time with her mother.

"Lili?" When Jennie called me, that made me look at her.

"Yes, Hun?" She blushed.

"Can we try to go to a haunted house?" I nodded. "You will not be scared since you have been serving souls, right?"

"Technically, yes, because humans also think that souls are ghosts, and I'm an angel who serves souls. Therefore, I have been interacting and always seeing ghosts. " She smiled at me, showing her gummy smile.

"Let's go then, I want to try it." I wiped her sidelips with my thumb since there was an ice cream stain.

"You are not scared?" She shook her head. "If you are scared, then why do you want to try it?"

"I want to overcome my fear." I smiled proudly at her even though we hadn't tried the haunted house yet.

"I'm so proud of you, princess." I kissed her temples and made her blush.

"Let's go, Lili." We stood up from the bench and threw our trash away.

We walked to the Haunted House. We lined up first to get the tickets. I noticed that Jennie was shivering. I wrapped my jacket around her and she just stared at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked her as I combed her silky hair.

"Lalisa." She cupped my face and made me bend a bit to match our height.

"Yeah?" She kissed my forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks, chin, and my lips.

"That's for being a very sweet and attentive girlfriend. You will have more if you continue making my heart flatter." I chuckled.

"Prepare your lips then." I winked at her and she playfully rolled her eyes.

We got our tickets and it's our turn to go inside the haunted house.

Jennie clung to my arms and she kept chanting to herself that the ghost inside was not real.

"Everything will be fine, Nini. I'm here beside you." I kissed her temple before we went inside the haunted house.

I took a deep breath and held Jennie's hand tightly.

•••

Jennie Pov

This day is one of the most unbelievable and quite hilarious days in my life. I think Lili set a guinnes world of record because of what happened earlier.

"You okay?" I asked her as I rubbed her back.

I sobbed like a little girl in my chest. She gripped the hem of my shirt tightly as she cried.