CHAPTER 38: Birthday

Jennie

"Nini, wake up." I felt someone continuously tapping my arm, which made me grumble because I hated it when someone was ruining my beauty sleep. "Wake up, it's already 11 am, Nini."

"Go away, Ana." I grumbled and turned my back against her. 

"I'm not Ana, Nini. It's me, your Lili." She chuckled, and it stopped tapping my arm. The next thing I knew, she started licking my neck. "Wakey, wakey, my sweet little kitty."

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw myself inside my big bedroom. Kuma is the one licking my neck and tapping my arms with his small paws.

It's been two years since she left, and I've been dreaming about her almost every day. She was like, intentionally doing it so she could communicate with me, even just in my dreams.

I got up in bed and did my morning routine.

Today will be a very busy day since I will be attending a very important meeting along with our company's biggest investors and business partners.

I was brushing my teeth when I heard my phone ring. It's Jisoo. 

On The Phone

Jisoo: Jenduekiee, happy birthday!!!

She shouted into the phone, which almost made my ears bleed. Gosh! If I'm only aware that she will shout in my ears, I'm not going to answer her call.

Jennie: Buy me a new eardrum, you son of a chicken.

Jisoo: Send me at least a thousand dollars for your eardrums in my bank account, and yes, my father is a chicken.

Jennie: You're a strange, motherfucking chicken.

Jisoo: Why so grumpy, Jendukie? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? It's your freaking birthday, so enjoy it.

Jennie: I have a very important meeting today, so how can I enjoy my birthday? I actually totally forgot that today is my birthday.

Jisoo: Don't worry, I will do something to relieve your stress and for you to enjoy your birthday.

Jennie: What is it?

Jisoo: I hired three different types of strippers. I don't know if you prefer a woman with big boobs, flat chested, or not so big and not so small boobs.

I mentally facepalm myself.

Jennie: Did you know that Rosie is a former angel and Ryujin is still an angel?

Jisoo: Yup!

Jennie: You have a minus of 100000000000 in heaven.

Jisoo: What do you mean?

Jennie: You are just going to make the ex-fellow and angel watch a strip show. Let's see where you will be going in your next life.

Jisoo: Ahhh, if you're worrying about me going to hell, don't worry because it's not a thing to worry about, especially when we're both going to hell and I have someone to bond with there, which is you.

Jennie: Fuck off!

Call Ended

I ended the call and didn't bother saying goodbye.

Until now, Jisoo has always annoyed and disturbed me. 

I finished my routine and went downstairs to see my parents and little sister eating their breakfast.