Chapter 2

Jaime

I went home and unpacked the rest of my stuff. By this point though, my room had been set up by the moving truck people. Thankfully I didn't have to do too much, my bed against the right wall against the huge window, sofa on the left, and my mini TV on the south wall. I placed my books on my bookshelf that was by my closet. I hung up my mirror right over my TV. Finally, I plugged in my PS4. I sighed as I checked my looks in the mirror. I don't start school till tomorrow.

I combed my long brown hair, so it rested on my right shoulder in the form of a ponytail. I reapplied my lipstick and sighed contently. I look good the way I am, and I know it, therefore an abundance of makeup is kinda pointless in my opinion. Other girls judge me for it all the time though. Not that I care, I'm not looking to impress anyone. I'm already an outcast as it is, being a lesbian kinda does that......in most cases at least. But again, I honestly don't care. I changed from my leggings and black sweater to a pair of white baggy cargo shorts and a black tank top. I grabbed my headset and controller and flipped on my TV and ps4. I scrolled through the menu to my favorite game and pressed start. I also received an invitation to a party chat with my friend, Johnny.
"Hey bro. How ya been?" I asked.
"I've been good, been dealing with my BFF moving away from me," Johnny joked.
"Yeah, sorry about that..," I chuckled awkwardly.
"It's fine,"
"So what game are you playing today?"
"Assassins Creed 4,"
"You still haven't beat it?" I laughed.
"It takes time. I only got the game a week ago," he pleaded.
"I beat games the week I get them," I bragged.
"Meehhh," He said in a defeated tone.
"Winning," I laughed.
"If you brag one more time, I'm going to mute you," He warns. I fake gasped.
"You wouldn't dare," I say acting surprised.
"I would though," He joked back and we both laughed.
We talked for a bit longer and then mom got home and told me to turn it off and go to bed.
After she went to bed I turned on the nightly news, good idea to stay informed. The first thing I read and heard was about some killing in a harbor. And that they haven't found the bodies yet.... or the killers. I scoffed in disbelief, nice and safe new neighborhood huh, and turned off the TV. A great start to yet another boring life. I took out a pen and paper and wrote mom a note saying I was going to the beach, I don't care about some killing in a harbor, I mean it's unfortunate but still. I probably should be asleep too, but I'm too awake right now. Besides, the beach is safe for the most part around here, if it wasn't, people wouldn't go there that much. I don't know, maybe I am careless, but right now I want to swim.

After grabbing some trunks, a sports bra, and my phone I left. I walked down the walkway and sat on the sand. I saw some people far away setting off fireworks. The Stars glowed, the waves crashed against the shore and the moon illuminated it all. It's so majestic and peaceful, I love it. Grabbing my goggles and pulling them over my eyes. I stripped off my shirt and shorts and waded into the cool water. Swimming against the waves and I ended up going underwater for a bit. I felt the seaweed graze my body. I resurfaced to get air and turned around to go back to the shore.......but I couldn't see it. Great..... Just then something grabbed my leg and yanked me under.... they felt like hands, I sucked up as much air as I could as I went down. I began to kick and thrash as the thing pulled me further and further down. I managed to get free and make it to the surface once again and I swam madly for wherever I saw light. I felt the water beneath me beginning to move, whatever pulled me under was coming after me. I swam harder, my heart pounding and my body aches, but I'm not dying here. I pushed on, with every ounce of my being. Whatever that thing is, it's faster than me but it didn't try to pull me under again, it just swam beneath me. It was like it was toying with me. But then the water calmed beneath me and I was almost to the shore. And that's when everything went black, the last thing I felt was me being pulled under the water and I heard a girl giggling.