Chapter 17

Megan

   Laney, Cameron, and me ran through the city until some part of it seemed familiar, like it called to us, just like the ocean does to Jaime I bet.

   "where the hell is this place?" Laney groaned with a very loud grunt.

   "you lot looking for Miles?" an eerie voice asked and before I could respond, Laney replied for us.

   "fuck yeah!" and the voice was silent but slowly took the form of a teenage boy through what looked like fog and mist, "you're not Miles," Laney stated, confused.

   "no shit," the boy replied with a duh look.

   "I like him," Laney giggled, to which I and cam rolled our eyes.

   "do you know where he is?"

   "the UN conference up in Tokyo,"

   "you seriously serious?" Laney asked in a frustrated voice.

   "yeah, they're trying to convince the humans that Atlantis is real and rising, as well as how much of a threat it is,"

   Laney's face voiced our feeling about what we'd just been told. She looked dumbfounded in the most extreme way possible.

   "that is the dumbest dumb thing they could do," she screeched and the boy sighed.

   "not really if ya think about it. the humans have a lot of tech in the water and we'll need their help as well as our magic. And what's more, Atlantis threatens this whole world," Cam reasoned and I hate to say it but I was on Laney's side for once, but no way was I gunna admit to that out loud. This action of revealing us paranormals, in exchange for human help isn't something that can be undone.....

   "so how we gunna get to Tokyo?" I asked awkwardly, and the boy nodded.

   "that's the million-dollar question isn't it?" he grinned, "not to worry, I got that part, and my leader, Kaiden took out the guards, so once your there, should just be a straight shot to the main room, ready?" and before we even had a chance to answer, I was flying through the air with Cameron, and Laney, and this wind spirit boy.

    "you know it's usually considered good form to wait for an answer," I hissed with annoyance as I glared at the grinning boy after we landed.

   "no time for good form Megan," the boy smiled before vanishing into the air. Groaning I eyed the massive UN building in front of us, decorated by the banners of the different member nations. Though, true to the kid's words there were no guards.

   "come on slowpokes, we don't have time to waste!" Laney called out already halfway to the doors......that's just like her though....carefree even in a deadly situation. We threw open the doors and ran down the massive marble hall.

   "Oh good you're here," a male voice called out, as he appeared behind us, "I'm Kendrick, leader of the Moon raider vampires, this is Ryan leader of the silver fang werewolf pack, that's Kaiden leader of the wind spirits, and over there is Alice lady of the rogue dragons....and....,"

   "dragons?!"

   "that's exactly what Kayla said too. but yes, dragons,"

   "where's Miles and Kayla?"

   "I was getting to that, there in there," Kendrick answered pointing to the massive circular doors, where Miles and Kayla stood gesturing to what I was guessing was a screen.

   "Kayla?!" I called out and she looked over and ran to us, not equipped for the bear hug I received we fell over, and Miles was calmly shaking Cam's hand. Looking past Kayla from the floor I saw the tilted heads of the world leaders, looking curiously down at us.