Chapter 5

Jaime

   After realizing I had hung out with Megan all night, I was rushed home. Stumbling to my closet I grabbed a pink t-shirt and some jeans and my white Jordan's. it's already morning, I unintentionally pulled an all-nighter with Megan. The other weird thing is that my mom and dad didn't question me about what happened, they just rushed me home and told me how happy they were to have me back safe and sound.

   I grabbed my messenger bag and my phone that was somehow still working and ran to the bus stop. After arriving, I found myself waiting at the stop for what felt like a very long time before my ride actually arrived. I'm still unsure of if what happened with Megan was all a dream or not. Assuming it wasn't, she says that mermaids eat humans...but then she kissed my neck and wanted to see me again. Thinking of, I'm not sure I want to go back. But I'm not sure I don't want to either. I'll probably end up going just to see Megan again because I'll feel bad if I don't. I say that, but a part of me wants to go back. A part of me wants to see her again....

   I sat through the bus ride without saying a word. All I could and was thinking about was Megan. It honestly pissed me off. Because I have no idea why I can't get her out of my head. And, she eats humans soooooo......yeah. But she looked so desperate for attention and seemed to genuinely really want a friend. Granted she picked me at random and technically she did kidnap me. But she was totally hot and sweet. People don't fully grip how rare that is for a person to very attractive and nice. I rode into the school parking lot and the bus parked and let us off. Grabbing my bag with a heavy sigh I walked into my school. It's whatever right now, I'll worry about it later.

Megan

I swam to my mirror and placed my hand over Jaime's necklace. I miss her already, even though she only left last night. She smelled so good too, like vanilla, her scent was intoxicating and addicting. She tasted amazing too, like whipped cream and her skin was so smooth.
She might've been a human but she adapted so quick and she willingly promised to come back when I asked her. Despite the fact that I and my family and my species eat humans.
I bet she won't come back, she was just trying to be nice. But what if she does? That'd make me soo happy. I want her but I don't know why I want her! I'll probably just end up eating her once I get bored again. But If that was the case, why didn't I just eat her when she went to leave? Why did I let her go? Not to mention when Laney wanted to eat her I got protective of her. I saw the looks on my sister's face and Laney's. They were shocked, and rightly so! Especially considering I don't even know why I did what I did.
    "Damn it!" I hissed, I can't get Jaime out of my head. Imma go see her, I told her it'd be a while but I can't wait that long. And DAMN IT I DONT KNOW WHY! But I will need mom's permission to do this, she's is the leader of our tribe after all. Swimming through the halls but then came to an abrupt stop, I have no clue what school she's attending, or where she lives.... If Jamie comes on Saturday I'll ask her. But until then I need to do something that'll get my mind off her. I swam into my sister's room and saw her kissing Laney so I waited by the entrance. That is, until they noticed me.
    "Megan, come on in!" Laney says practically yanking me inside, "Sit," She added pushing me down into a chair.
    "What's up with you?" Cameron asked, a hint of anger in her voice.
    "Me? Oh nothing just wanted to talk with someone," I say innocently.
    "Ok, let's talk about that human girl," Cameron hissed. Why is she so mad?
    "What about it?" I demand.
    "Why'd you get protective? She was nothing more than a plaything to you!" Cameron sneered.
    "No, she was a friendly soul who was helping me get rid of my boredom. And even if she was a plaything, I didn't want to share!" I shot back.
    "A friendly soul that you kidnapped," Laney corrected me cheerfully.
    "Thank you Laney," I smiled sarcastically.
    "Anytime,"
    "Megan, I'm going to ask you a question and I want an honest answer from you," Cameron says seriously.
    "Fine," I agree. It's not like she'll ask anything unrealistic.
    "Did you and that girl have a moment?"

   Shit, I was so wrong.
   "Nope," I say slowly.
   "Cameron do you see her......Ohmy gosh!" Laney squealed excitedly and Cameron glared at me as she nodded. It took a few seconds but I realized I was blushing furiously. And leave it to Laney to be the first to notice. Fuck!
   "When and how?" Laney giggled as she took a seat next to me.
   "I'm not saying,"
   "Ok, you've got two choices in front of you. One, you tell me and I'll leave it alone for a while. Or, I can stalk the two of you," Laney warned. Laney would do it too, she's good on her word.
   "It was before you guys barged in, thanks by the way," I sneered at my big sister, "Anyway, we were playing tag and she couldn't stop and ran into me," I answered.
   "And that's how it all starts. Next thing you know, you'll be hugging, then kissing, then......are you usually on top or bottom?"
   "LANEY!" Cameron shouted.
   "It's a valid question!" Laney defended. Laney is by far the most perverted mermaid I have ever met.
   "Is she coming back?" Cameron asked fearfully.
   "I hope so," I say.
   "Are you going to eat her after you get bored again?"
   "I don't know, we aren't even close to that point yet," I reply sternly. I glared at Laney who was now snickering, "What?" I demand angrily.
   "It's so blindingly obvious? Cameron, please tell me you can see it..," Laney says astonished, clearlymind-blown that I'm missing whatever is going on.
   "Yeah, I can," My sister said disappointedly.
   "You can tell what?" Idemand.
   "You like her!" They say in unison. Except Laney's tone was excited and sing song and Cameron's was annoyed and fearful. My mouth hit the floor.
   "What the...? NO! No no no no nono no no, it's not like that, I swear!" I protested and Laney burst into a fit of laughter and Cameron gave a heavy sigh.
   "It's not like what?" Mom asked swimming in and we all froze. I looked at Cameron with pleading eyes. Begging her not to tell. Cameron sighed and I prayed for the best.
   "It's nothing, Laney was just making fun of Megan," Cameron says and mom chuckled but nodded. Thank you,Cameron, thank you thank you thank you!
   "I'm just letting you know I'm going to a meeting for the tribal leaders. I won't be back until three weeks from now. So, Cameron, you're in charge until I get back," Mom says and we all nodded and she swam off.
   "You owe me," Cameron hissed, and I nodded.
   "I know," I agree and get up about to leave.
   "Megan......what your doing is very very dangerous. Please be careful," Cameron says, her voice full of concern and I nodded.