Chapter 4

Cameron

I can't believe my little sister brought a human home. It's unheard of, but Megan is really weird. And when she gets bored she does weird things. But this was something else. At least she was attractive enough to pass for a legit mermaid. Hopefully, Megan will get bored with her and eat her before mom finds out. Because If mom were to find out, she would be pissed. I sighed just as Laney swam up. We kissed and then hugged, but I already knew that she could tell that something was up.
"What's bothering you?" Laney asked, yep called it.
"It's Nothing," I quickly say but Laney smirked.
"No! Bad Cam," Laney says sternly and slapped my butt.
"Ow," I winced, rubbing the sore spot.
"What's bothering you?" She repeated, but I could tell she was obviously still eyeing my butt.
"My mom yelled at me," I say.
"Last chance," Laney warned.
"That one was true," I argued.
"It was a problem but it wasn't the problem," Laney smiled knowingly.
"How'd you know?" I challenge.
"Because your mom yells at you all the time," Laney says in a bored tone.
"Fair point," I say and Laney held up five fingers.
"If you don't start to tell me what's wrong by the time I hit zero. I'm going to your house and seeing for myself," Laney says proudly. Why is she proud of what is effectively a home invasion?! But then again, that'd be Laney for you.
"Why?" I demand.
"Five,"
"Does it really matter that much?" I asked.
"Four,"
"No!"
"Three,"
"You wouldn't do it,"
"Two,"
"Would you?"
"One,"
"FINE!" I shouted and Laney sighed happily.
"Cameron, what's on your mind?" Laney asked as if she was completely innocent.
"My sister...Megan....she.... uh...might've.... brought an um human into my uh house," I whisper. Laney looked at me then laughed.
"Cameron I told you, you suck at lying," Laney says swimming past me.
"Where are you going?" I demand.
"To see what's bothering you at your house," Laney says and I gulp.
"Shit," I bolted after her and tried to persuade her not to go but she wasn't listening.

Jaime

I swam after Megan who was laughing at me. I looked very very dumb though because I was using my arms as well. But who can blame me? That's how humans are supposed to swim!
"Jaime just use your tail. You look stupid," Megan laughed. I stopped using my arms and flipped my tail up and down which sent me flying in Megan's direction and she swam away but I chased her. It was soo awesome I began to laugh, suddenly finding myself having fun! Until I finally got her but I didn't really know how to stop so I ended up using her to stop. But the problem was that I ended up hugging her and the she hugged me......and I blushed again.
"I'm so sorry," I apologized as I tried to unattached myself. But um, she wasn't letting go, and secretly I'm not sure I wanted her to. She buried her face in my neck and I felt her inhale, making me shiver, her arms still wrapped around my mid back.
"Could you uh let me go?" I asked but I felt her shake her head.
"I don't want to. You smell so good," She says inhaling again.
"Um thank you...I should be getting home now though," I say slowly.
"Why do you have to go?" Megan asked against my neck.
"Because my parents will be worried," That and I'm currently worried!
"Jamie, do you know what mermaids eat?" Megan mumbled against my neck.
"Um, honestly I've got no clue," I reply slowly. Pretty sure I got an idea right about now!
"We eat humans," Megan mumbled against my flesh.
I laughed nervously and tried to get out of her grip but she put her hands around my waist and tightened her hold on me. Fuck....
"That was a good joke," I say nervously.
"I'm not joking," Megan says, her voice now serious.
Oh, SHIT!
I struggled against her hold with all my strength. I found myself struggling even more when I felt her mouth open and sharp fangs graze over my collarbone and neck. I couldn't use my arms anymore because Megan had pinned them to my side. She going to rip my throat out! I'm really going to die!
I shut my eyes tightly and waited for her to kill me, my whole body was tensed.
I was shocked when I felt Megan nibble on my neck then kiss it, leaving a hickey, earning a moan from me......great. She then slowly released her hold on me and looked me in the eye with a shy smile and a slight blush.
"You didn't kill me?" I asked.
"I just wanted you to know. I'm not sure why though, I'm sorry if I scared you," Megan apologized.
"Oh, um it's fine," I say trying to keep the peace. It's not fucking fine damn it! but she looked so guilty it'd make me feel bad if I told her.
"Do you really have to go?" Megan asked sounding sad.
"I uh..," I began but stopped when shouting from outside the room interrupted my train of thought. Just then the door burst open and the older girl was back but another girl was there too.
"Oh shit! You weren't lying," The redhead exclaimed as she quickly swam over to me but I swam back and hid behind Megan. The redhead tried to get me away from Megan and eventually she did but I swam straight behind the couch. The redhead smiled and moved the couch away and I tried to swim away again but she caught my wrist and she spun me so I faced her. I began to tremble under her intensely hungry gaze and squirm in her arms but she wouldn't fucking let go!
"I can't believe It!" The redhead exclaimed. She used her other hand to turn my head to the right which exposed the left side of my neck where Megan had nibbled. The redhead chuckled and I finally broke her hold and swam back behind Megan.
"Laney you're scaring her," Megan finally says.
"Cameron, can I eat her? She looks so good," The redhead says with what looked like a shiver, and I whimper and crouch low behind Megan so only my eyes and head are visible from behind Megan's right shoulder. The one named Cameron looked to be considering it.
"No! Absolutely not! She's my human. You go get your own," Megan says defensively and Cameron nodded in agreement and the one named Laney sighed.
"That's too bad," Laney says with her eyes still on me.
"Jaime lets go get you home," Megan says as she grabbed my hand and we appeared right by the shore, "Mermaids can teleport anywhere in the ocean," Megan says after I gave her a look of shock.
"Oh," I nodded slowly like I understood, which I didn't.
"Will you come back tomorrow?" Megan asked and I heard the desperation in her voice and I saw the hope in her eyes.
"I can't, I have school tomorrow," I say and Megan sighed sadly.
"Oh," She says sounding super sad.
"Take this," I say as I take off my beaded necklace and placed it in her hand.
She looked at it then up at me.
"Why?" She asked and I gave her a smile.
"So, you know I'll come back," I say and Megan hugged me close and I helped her put the necklace on.
"When will you come?" She asked.
"I'll try and make it Saturday and Sunday," I reply and Megan nodded.
"I promise to keep this safe until you come back for it," Megan says as she looked at the necklace.
"Thank you.........actually Megan how will I find you?"
"Just swim out to that boulder over there, that's where I'll meet you. And don't worry about not being able to breathe. Once you are submerged in water it'll trigger your transformation into a mermaid again," Megan explained and I nodded. I guess the magic thingy is permanent?, "And Jamie....it might take a while but I will come to see you on land. Contrary to popular belief we can get legs and we can walk and look human," Megan added and I nodded.
"I'll be seeing you around then," I say and Megan nodded with a shy smile then dove back into the ocean abyss. I quickly went out of the water and was shocked when clothes appeared on my body. I saw a search party patrolling the beach, probably looking for me. I ran towards them waving my arms.