First Mission

*Someone's POV*

A child's cry was heard as we see a couple of scientists are seen looking down at what looks like a kid strapped on a lab bed. One was holding a syringe with a weird-looking substance inside of the tube. Soon, one scientist spoke with a thick German accent.

Scientist: Subject 0127 is ready to be administered with the serum. Proceed.

A/N: Get the reference on the number? Hint, it's the month and day of a major accident.

Soon, the scientist with the needle goes to the child's arm and injects the syringe into the boy's wrist, in the veins. His cries were heard from the pain as his face was covered by a mask. Soon, some gas was brought out, making the boy feel drowsy as his eyes were closed, but his screams didn't stop.

*POV ends*

?: *quickly sits up* AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

The person got up as he woke up from the nightmare he just say in his sleep. However, that wasn't a nightmare. It was a memory that happened to him many years ago and has since stayed in his mind all these years, haunting him in his sleep.

He looks around, seeing he's in a bedroom rather than a laboratory from his nightmare. He looks at the time and sees it was 7 in the morning. He also noticed he was sweating profusely, being shaken up by the dream he had.

Suddenly, the door opens and in comes a woman with red hair as she goes up to the young man.

?: Daikon! Are you alright? I heard you screaming from the living room.

The young man, called Daikon just stares at her quietly, still shaken by his nightmare. The woman stares at him carefully, looking into his eyes, seeing them stare at her.

?: You had that nightmare again, did you? *rubs his cheek*

Daikon: *quietly* Yeah. I can't get it out of my head, mom. Every time I tried to sleep, it always comes back, reminding me of the hell I've been through.

?: I know. And every time that happens, I'll come here, comfort you, and remind you that I'll always be here for you when you need me. Understand?

Daikon: *gently smiles and nods* I understand

Daikon: *gently smiles and nods* I understand. Thanks, mom.