Future Vs Past

Sam Wilson has just arrived from his morning run when he hears a knock on the door. Not expecting visitors at this hour in the morning, he goes and opens the door, before seeing Steve, Natasha, and Daikon there, having smoke and debris in their faces.

Sam: Hey man.

Steve: I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low.

Natasha: Everyone we know is trying to kill us.

Sam: *pauses for a bit* Not everyone.

He lets them in as he makes sure no one sees them. They later cleaned themselves up, as Steve and Daikon noticed Natasha looking sad and thinking about something.

Daikon: You okay, mom?

Natasha: Yeah.

Daikon knows that's a lie. Steve knew it as well. They went up to her as they sat beside her.

Steve: What's going on?

Natasha: When I first joined SHIELD, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but...I guess I can't tell the difference anymore.

Steve: There's a chance you might be in the wrong business.

They chuckled a bit as Natasha stares at Steve.

Natasha: I owe you.

Steve: It's okay.

Natasha: If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, and you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?

They sat there in silence before Steve responds.

Steve: I would now. And I'm always honest.

Natasha: Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing.

Steve: Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting.

Daikon: True.

Soon, Sam comes into the room.

Sam: I made breakfast. If you guys...eat that sort of thing.

*later*

After they ate their breakfast, they began discussing what is going with SHIELD.

Daikon: So, the question now is who, in SHIELD, could send a missile right at us?

Steve: Pierce.

Natasha: Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world.

Steve: But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star.

Natasha: So was Jasper Sitwell.

Steve: So, the real question is: how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?

Sam Wilson: The answer is: you don't.

Sam places a file in front of Steve as they stare at him.

Steve: What's this?

Sam: Call it a resume.

Nat opens it and sees pictures of Sam with his para-rescue team.

Natasha: Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you. *to Steve* You didn't say he was a para-rescue.

They then see a picture of Sam's colleague, Riley.

Steve: Is this Riley?

Sam: Yeah.