Some Freaky Mirror

3rd Person POV

It had been a couple of days since (Y/N) had explored the restricted section of the library. He had spent his days catching up on his homework and occasionally reading the mysterious book that he *ahem* borrowed from the library. He intended to return it, he just didn't know when... (Y/N) found the last chapter particularly interesting: 

Lastly, we come to the question of the true meaning of being Dragonborn. The connection with dragons is so obvious that it has almost been forgotten - in these days when dragons are a distant memory, we forget that in the early days being Dragonborn meant having "the dragon blood". Some scholars believe that was meant quite literally, although the exact significance is not known. The Nords tell tales of Dragonborn heroes who were great dragonslayers, able to steal the power of the dragons they killed. 

Steal the power from dragons? Now that was odd. (Y/N) had never heard that before. Then there was this weird group call the "Blades", they seemed to follow the "Dragonborn" everywhere, a bit strange really. 

(Y/N) closed the book, it was late. He placed the book on his bedside table and rested his head on his pillow. He looked at his wristwatch, 21:15. (Y/N) sighed as he closed his eyes. He had spent too many late nights awake and reading he thought to himself as he began to drift off to sleep.  

________________________________________________________________________________

(Y/N) was aggressively shaken awake as he sat up, eying down the perpetrator. It was Harry with his invisibility cloak. (Y/N) was confused, he moved closer to Harry, Ron was there too as he looked like he was asleep. "There's something you've got to see, it's my mum and dad (Y/N)." Harry whispered, his face lit with glee. I was confused, how? "But Harry." I said.  "Aren't your parents, you kno-" "Dead, I know, but still, let's go!" Harry exclaimed as he pulled off my covers. (Y/N) grimaced, he really hoped they weren't going to get caught. 

The three boys silently made their way into the dusty classroom under the cover of Harry's invisibility cloak. (Y/N) spotted the mirror at the back of the room as Harry rushed to it with excitement, dropping his cloak in the process. "Come on. Come. Come look, it's my parents!" Harry exclaimed. (Y/N) and Ron nervously looked at each other before carefully moving towards the mirror, unsure what to expect. Ron stepped in front first, (Y/N) was still cautious, he wanted to see what Ron saw first. Ron had a confused look on his face, "Ican only see myself Harry." Ron muttered. But Harry was having none of it. He littaerary picked up Ron which almost frightened (Y/N) for sure and moved him directly in front of the strange mirror. "Look in properly. Go on. Stand there. There. You see them, don't you? Thats my da-" Harry exclaimed with joy before Ron had cut him off. "That's me! Only, I'm head boy...and I'm holding the Quidditch cup! And bloody hell, I'm Quidditch Captain too!" Now that caught (Y/N)s attention, he too moved closer to the mirror, wandering what he would see. "I look good. Harry, do you think this mirror shows the future?" Ron asked with giddy excitement. " I don't think so Ron." (Y/N) said with a sad smile as he stared into the mirror, "Harry's parents are... No longer with us."The room filled with silence until Harry spoke up, noticing (Y/N) staring at the mirror as if his eyes were burning a hole through it. "Hey (Y/N), what do you see?" Harry asked. "Just me, nothing different." (Y/N) replied. It was the truth, he only saw himself, he wasn't different at all it was just a reflection of him. "I think weshould go Harry." (Y/N) said calmly, "I don't know about you but I don't like the feeling of the mirror." Ron nodded in agreement and Harry sighed as the three boys put on Harry's cloak and made there way back to the common room. 

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a couple (of days since (Y/N) first visited the mythical mirror. He could tell that Harry had snuck off multiple times to use the mirror. He would always slee in of a morning and would make up excuses for staying up late. (Y/N) was scared for Harry, could get into real trouble, there was a reason in was left alone in a classroom after all. Eventualy the boys found themselves in the common room studying charms together was a lot more efficient then studying by yourself. In due time they finished their work and found themselves bored, withnothing to do. "Want to play chess, Harry?" said Ron. "No." harry replied, quickly with determination. "Why don't we go down and visit Hagrid?" (Y/N) quired.   "No... you go..." Harry mumbled, "We both know what you're thinking about, Harry, that mirror. Don't go back tonight." Ron stated. "Why not?" Harry asked, getting a bit defensive.  "I don't know, I've just got a bad feeling about it." (Y/N) said, his face riddled with concern. "Anyway, you've had too many close shavesalready. Filch, Snape, and Mrs. Norris are wandering around. So what if they can't see you?What if they walk into you? What if you knock something over?"(Y/N) stated, his mind running riot all with ideas of Harry getting into serious trouble.   "You sound like Hermione." Harry said with a chuckle.  "I'm serious, Harry, don't go." (Y/N) exclaimed.   But Harry only had one thought in his head, which was to get back in front of the mirror, and neither (Y/N) or Ron weren't going to stop him.