Ouch! That Hurt...

3rd Person POV

It was hard for (Y/N) to describe what he had landed in, it was soft but that was it. But, he didn't feel any serious pain. He was ok, for now. It was still dark, the only source was the light coming through the trapdoor. His eyes had yet to adjust his surroundings. He looked up at the trapdoor, the light blinding him. It was some distance he fell (Y/N) thought to himself. The trapdoor now resembled the size of a postage stamp. "I'm okay!" (Y/N) yelled up to the trapdoor. He heard Hermione sigh in relief. (Y/N) then realized Hermione began to lower herself down the trapdoor, he quickly turned his gaze down to whatever he landed on as he felt his cheeks burn up. "It's a soft landing, you can jump Hermione!" (Y/N) reiterated. "And u-uh... You might want to hold your skirt down while your falling..." (Y/N) said, trying to be courteous. (Y/N) could swear he could hear a little "Eeepp!" in response to his suggestion. As he continued to stare down at whatever was supporting him, he realized that it was alive, it was a plant. His eyes had adjusted. He then heard a squeal from Hermione and a rush of air brushed against him. Hermione than landed on the plant, not too far from him. "Ewww. What is this stuff?" Hermione asked as she was tangled in the plants vines. "It's some kind of plant I think." (Y/N) replied. Their attention was drawn to the trapdoor, Harry was now lowering himself. "Make way!" he yelled as he let go. Hermione and (Y/N) ducked for their own safety. They felt the thump as Harry landed safely. Then the plant started to move. "What's going on!?" Harry yelled, he was clearly not too happy. "We're trapped in some sought of plant!" Hermione cried as the vines began to swallow her. (Y/N) couldn't move, the plant had tied him, restricting his freedom of movement. He began too panic a little, (Y/N) stopped himself. He took a deep breath and relaxed his body, he knew that if he wanted to find a way out of here, squirming and panicking wouldn't help. Then he started to sink, he could move. What in Merlin was happening? "I'm free!" (Y/N) exclaimed to Harry and Hermione who were still struggling.  "What did you do?" Hermione asked. "I didn't do anything! I just relaxed!" (Y/N) exclaimed with a smile on his face. "It's Devil's Snare" Hermione yelled with joy. Harry. we just have to relax and it will let us through. Harry didn't look to relaxed. "Breathe slowly Harry, deep breathes." (Y/N) explained as he began to fall through it. He landed on a cold stone floor. He didn't have to wait too long before Hermione and Harry joined him. 

The group made their way down a stone passageway, which seemed to be the only way forward.  All they could hear apart from their footsteps was the gentle drip of water trickling down thewalls, they all huddled for some warmth. It was freakishly cold. "Can you hear something?" Harry whispered. (Y/N) listened. A soft rustling and clinking seemed to be coming from up ahead. "Do you think it's a ghost?" Harry asked "I don't know... sounds like wings to me." (Y/N) replied. "There's light ahead, I can see something moving." Hermione said

They reached the end of the passageway and saw before them a brilliantly lit chamber, its ceiling arching high above them. It was full of small, jewel-bright birds, fluttering and tumbling all around the room. On the opposite side of the chamber was a heavy wooden door. "Do you think they'll attack us if we cross the room?" said Harry. "Probably," (Y/N) said. "They don't look very vicious, but I suppose if they all swooped down at once... well, there's no other choice... I'll run first." He took a deep breath, covered his face with his arms, and sprinted across the room. He expected to feel sharp beaks and claws tearing at him any second, but nothing happened. He reached the door untouched. He pulled the handle, but it was locked. The other two followed him. They tugged and heaved at the door, but it wouldn't budge, not even when Hermione tried her Alohomora charm. "Now what?" (Y/N) asked. "These birds... they can't be here just for decoration," said Hermione. (Y/N) watched the birds soaring overhead, glittering —glittering? "They're not birds!" (Y/N) said suddenly. "They're keys! Winged keys — look carefully. So that must mean..." he looked around the chamber while the other two squinted up at the flock of keys. "... yes — look! Broomsticks! We've got to catch the key to the door!" "But there are hundreds of them!" Hermione examined the lock on the door. "We're looking for a big, old fashioned one, probably silver, like the handle."