Chapter 1

Once I realized the weird sense that came from Gaia's teleporting had disappeared, I dared to open my eyes. Gaia walked ahead and I followed her while looking around. The world she had brought us to looked just like my own, except that everything was just plain wrong. The sky was purple. Birds walked like humans do and pigs were flying.

"Welcome to my home." Gaia's voice brought me back to focus. Looking at her, I thought she looked quite tense. As if she was expecting something.

"What is this place?" I asked out of curiosity.

"No time for questions right now. We must hurry inside." She strode in quite a fast pace to this big building. It looked old and poorly designed. Doors on the second floor with no way to reach them unless one can fly, the porch was flipped upside down, and some windows were put at different heights too.

Gaia did something with her hands and a path was made we could walk without breaking anything. Once we entered the house a sense of danger came over me. "Wanderer, welcome to my home." She said as we went inside.

"Call me Leona. Can I ask questions now?" I asked politely trying not to show I didn't want to be here. It didn't feel like a safe place to be.

"Yes, come. Let's get you settled while we talk." She led me into a hallway then to what seemed to be a living room. The whole time the sense of danger didn't leave my mind. I noticed the interior was quite a mess too. Books everywhere, cobwebs at annoying heights and thick layers of dust on every surface.

"Come. This is your room for the duration of your service to me." Gaia gestured to a door. Opening it, I feared the worst but was pleasantly surprised. This room was clean. It was styled similar to the room I had at the Volturi castle. There was a big bed and a dresser. The bed had a side table with a lamp on it and a small drawer in it. One wall was lined with bookcases already filled with books, except for the middle space. that was a small desk with rectangular shaped boxes of some sort on it.

The floor was made of dark wood and there was a bay-window with a built in bench. "This room is nice. Thank you." She smiled a polite smile, before sitting down on the bench.

"Now ask what you want to know." She ordered. I thought carefully.

"What is this place?" I asked first.

"This place, my home, exists on the energy-." We were interrupted by a knock.

"Enter." Gaia's tone was cold now. Commanding. She does not like to be interrupted.

"Mistress, mistress!" A young maid ran in, her heart was beating fast and somewhat erratically. Her eyes were big and showing panic.

"What? What is it!" Gaia demanded.

"It's happening again." The maid answered with a look that spelled she didn't trust me. I wouldn't trust a stranger either so I didn't blame her.

"WHAT!?!" Gaia shouted nearly jumping up. "Where?" She inquired.

"The tower this time." Gaia rushed out of the room leaving us. The maid watched her leave before turning to me.

"Is it true that you are the rumored Wanderer?" She asked. I sighed, annoyed at that name already for what happened because of it.

"Miss Gaia calls me that, yes." I nodded, visibly annoyed at not understanding why that title is what I'm known for. The maid's eyes widened in shock, and fear.

"My apologies then. I didn't know or I wouldn't have been so rude." She bowed her head.

"Don't worry about it." She smiled relieved I wasn't mad. "Can I ask you what is going on, miss...?"

"My name is Delphine. This realm, is the realm of tales. Lately the endings of various tales have gone wrong causing this house, this world to look as it does. Mistress Gaia can explain better." She said getting up and just leaving.

I decided to just wait, assuming Gaia or Delphine would return so I explored my new room for a bit. The dresser was already filled with clothes of the types I would wear. But also others. Strange clothes. There were even... dresses. While I did wear the occasional one, at prom and at Bella's wedding and sometimes for a date with Felix, I didn't care for it.

Checking the rest, I found a certain book in the drawer of the bedside table. It was my artbook. I knew it was mine because all the drawings I had made were in it. The wolves, Charlie, The Cullens, Volturi, Felix.

Felix. I wonder how he is doing. I can still sense our bond but only vaguely.

"Oh good, you're still in your room. Come. I need you to get to work already. As much as I wish there was time to explain everything first, it is highly important that you get started as soon as possible." Turning around I saw Gaia, she looked quite, I don't know. Tense but also bad that she couldn't give me more time to learn about what I'm here for.

"Just tell me what to do, the rest can come later." I sighed. She gestured for me to follow her and we went back through the dirty halls though this time at the entrance hall, we went through a door that lead to a basement. It felt chilling to be there. Walking down a stone set of stairs I heard a dripping sound. And there was this whirring sound as if some sort of fan was turned on. Reaching the bottom of the stairs I felt this energy flowing in the air in this basement.

There was a massive alchemy-like circle drawn, no carved, into the floor. "Go stand in the middle. We're sending you to a realm where you should just be yourself and help protect the world." Gaia said. She made a bag appear. "Here is your bag with some clothes. Good luck." Delphine said as she handed me a bag I had seen in my room.

"Oh and Leona? There are to be no distractions." Gaia warned.

"Like what?" I asked wondering what she meant.

"I meant a bond of mates you can barely feel anyway." She said some strange words and I don't know how it happened, but something inside me snapped. This giant sense of loss came over me and I cried out in pain, while Gaia did another spell and light appeared, too bright for me to see anything.

When the light was gone, I was somewhere far different. And it was chaos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here we are again. The first chapter of this sequel is a reality now. It feels good to be back. As I did before I will keep updates to once a week, on Sunday to try and keep chapters of a quality I myself find to be good enough.

That I broke that rule at the end of The Alchemist, was because I have submitted that story for the Wattys 2021 and I still had time to make sure the chapters were as I wanted them to be while finishing it before the deadline for submissions was passed.

Anyway as always please let me know what you think of this new story whether in the comments, a message on my profile or as a private message, I do make sure to read everything and react to those I don't understand or to answer questions.

Suggestions are also always welcome. I do have some plans for this story but ideas that help me get the story where I want it to go can be helpful.

Have a nice week!!