Chapter 11

"Yes. He is one of the fiercest fighters and a true warrior but around me he shows his softer side. He saved my life when I was in the army however hard it was for him to let me go. When I officially met him, our bond was muddled until I spent time around him more and more. Then I got stabbed to death and he turned me. So, we shared a bond of mates as well as a newly turned vampire and her sire." I explained.

"He seems like he would murder the world for you in this one." He was carrying me bridal style and with me wrapped in a cloth. The look in his eyes screamed danger but the way he held me so securely in his arms said it was to protect me. The drawing style told me it was from that day I learned about my history as the Wanderer and why I lost both Mark and my unborn child.

"One of the wolves you saw earlier misunderstood something and turned wolf to go after him but I was in between them. I got thrown against a giant rock. They were lucky Felix felt it more important to look after me because a fight would've ended the existence of the wolves. Anyone who dared to come near me to help got a fear-instilling snarl and a look that could kill as a warning not to get closer. But he took care of me gently as if afraid of hurting me more than I already was."  I told her thinking about my sweet warrior.

"Quite a wonderful man then?" She asked.

"Yes. I miss him the most of all, which is why I had that breakdown my first night here. This cloak was his. His scent still lingers, though it is getting hard for me to smell it, which brings some comfort to me, even when I know I might never see him again. My master snapped our bond as mates in half saying it was only a mere distraction because I can barely sense it when we are so far apart."

"How does something like that feel?" She asked.

"Well, usually when vampires lose their true mates, they go mad as all our emotions are enhanced. So the pain of our loss is amplified as well. The hunter I told you about, had a mate as well. She caused a lot of trouble for the family because of her losses. She died eventually but raised an army of newly made vampires and caused a fight before that happened. Vampires that lose their mates caused by murder will only have revenge on their minds. If the mate died due to some other cause, we can be suicidal. Because we lose the one shot at having a happy eternal life." I felt happy to be able to talk to someone.

"What about you?" Her concern seemed genuine.

"While I do feel a lot of pain, I know Felix isn't dead. That's what keeps me from going insane. I can still sense a bond between us. However faint." But I still want to see him so bad.

"Romanoff, Swan, suit up. We have a mission for you." Steve came by.

"Yes sir." Somehow I felt a need to salute. It was another mission to find information. This time Clint wasn't with us but Steve and mr Rumlow's team were.

"Romanoff. Swan." He greeted us.

"Mr Rumlow." I greeted him.

"What she here for boss?" a different guy who wasn't there when I kicked the team's ass asked.

"Same reason we all are here. Make sure Romanoff and Cap gather the intel." Rumlow answered.

"But she's tiny!" He replied.

"Are you sure we're talking about my height?" I commented with a snort.

"She is stronger than she looks. Quite a valuable asset for us." As one most of the heartbeats skipped a beat. There was a different meaning behind their words.

Both Cap and I chose not to use a parachute when we were to land near the building. Natasha talked to Steve about girls to date the whole time while she worked her way to where the information was found. I stuck to her this time as per her order. It was funny to listen to. The fighting was okay. This time I had no cuts.

Then I heard it again. An unchanging heartbeat, like on my first mission and a couple of missions after. Curiosity was peaked and I changed my path to the hallway that lead to the room the unchanging heartbeat was in. Just before I was at the door, Rumlow ran into the hall.

"Swan! This way." I couldn't quite read the look in his eyes. He did glance at my hand near the doorhandle as if hoping for something.

"I'm coming." I answered and decided to drop it again but file this information in my mind for later.

At the plane I asked. "What kind of place was this?"

"A facility owned by HYDRA. Our enemy. It had labs for human-experimentation. This location was what our previous mission was about." Natasha explained.

"What are they trying to do?" I had heard the name before but didn't quite understand them.

"Making enhanced humans and use their abilities for money. Basically. They claim to want to make the world a better place but that's not true." Rumlow explained. His heartbeat was off and it wasn't from the mission. There was just something about it. "Our job is to stop them from hurting and killing innocent people."

"I understand." The upcoming months were filled with these kinds of missions and my downtime was spent training, experimenting with Tony and Dr Banner, and fighting Hulk if Tony pissed him off and Natasha wasn't available to calm him down. I had very little accidents where my feeding was concerned.

The experiments involved them finding out just what in blood is what us vampires survive on. Once they figured that out, they invented capsules containing a highly concentrated doses of the components so one or two of those could help me until I was able to feed properly.

Eventually things were strange. Apparently, Hydra had infiltrated SHIELD up to quite a high position. Fury got attacked and Steve was approached by board member Pierce. The man wasn't trustworthy. Every word was a lie when I had met him.

"Natasha, there is something you should know." I wanted to tell someone about my findings. She felt like the only person I could trust.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I began with adding this chapter, I noticed  that this story almost reached 1000 views. It makes me happy that you lovely readers seem to like this story as well. I am curious though, did you read The Alchemist before this one?

I also have some questions.

Do you recognize the mission Leona is about to join?
How will she react when she runs into certain people?

Let me know what you think so far and have a nice week!!