Chapter 38

Moving a bit closer to the dark-haired god, I tried not to startle him. "Penny for your thoughts?" I asked sitting right next to him.

"Just thinking. You have done so much in your short life so far. Yet you keep fighting other's battles, not once hesitating at the chance to go home and live a peaceful life. I don't know if I would be able to do such things." He answered.

"I think you would be. Otherwise you wouldn't be here now. You are choosing to fight alongside your brother and your people, when you could've simply betrayed them and us and re-join Thanos. Your change of heart is quite an admirable feat. One I am glad to witness. This and your massive help with my gift, makes me happy to consider you a good friend." That seemed to cheer him up a little.

"Thank you, it means a lot to me to hear this kind of thing from you. I consider you a good friend as well for your acceptance of the way I am. Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Sure. What is it?" I wondered what he wanted.

"Have you figured out that poem Salamon left behind as well?"

"You mean the one about me finding certain bonds and yet forever having to be alone? Partly, why?" Where was he going with this.

"Wat do you think of it?" I sighed having thought about it for a while now.

"I think it is mostly bullshit. If not all, then most of it is just made up stuff."  

"What if there are some parts that are true? Like the part about the bonds?"

"IF that is true I probably failed. but I hope not. Because it means I have to constantly break other people's hearts, and mine as well. Having had to hurt plenty of people already simply by leaving, and mine by leaving my mate, I doubt I can take doing that over and over." Just the thought had my heart feel like it was breaking. or at least I think so because my heart isn't beating anymore.

"Where are you going with this?" I questioned him.

"Just humor me. If the bonds part is true, who would fulfill which bond in this world?"

"hm,  Friend, Guide, lover, Healer, Protector child and mother. Those are the roles mentioned. In that order my previous bonds were Emmett, Marcus, Felix, Paul, Rosalie, the twins though my niece counts as well and Esme. Here they would be Tony, Dr strange and you, you again, Natasha, Clint, no one and no one." He smiled a genuine smile. I hadn't seen it before.

"You see me as your lover?" ah so that was what he was really asking about.

"A potential mate, yes, but I'm afraid that I can't give in to those feelings. I am still in love with Felix. Seeing Renesmee's memories of him seemed to re-spark my mating bond with him as it had been fading away due to our lengthy separation and my self-doubt." His smile faded which made me feel bad. 

"I understand and while it saddens me you can't reciprocate my feelings, I also know that once you fulfilled your mission here, you will be leaving again. I don't think I could be as strong as your Felix and let you go without causing trouble."

"Loki, I'm so-." We were interrupted by an alarm sounding. 

"Thanos is coming! Everyone needs to get ready for battle!" Demetri and Renesmee returned.

"Okay, you guys go ahead. I'm right behind you." I told them. quickly going back to my hut, I prepared a few things I had planned in secret. Like a way to hide the Space stone. grabbing all I needed for the war and quickly drinking a full bloodbag I felt ready. Fenris and his sons were waiting for me. I got on Fenris' back.

"Fenris, you stay with me. Skoll, Hati, protect the other stone keepers with your lives. We will not let the giant Barney failure get his hands on all the stones and win." I ordered the wolves.

Yes master.  Their voices replied as one. They seemed excited anticipating the upcoming battle.

The army our side assembled was magnificent. I joined Steve and Bucky who were talking to T'challa. "Sergeant is everyone assembled and ready?" the young king asked.

"I would hope so but I'm guessing you meant Sergeant Barnes." I replied with slight amusement. They chuckled at the confusion.

"Ready for the battle of our  lives?" Steve asked.

"Hm. I am. Is it safe to assume T'challa and you are in charge?"

"Yes we are."

"Then let me inform the two of you I have a safety measure placed just in case we are truly about to lose. it is only meant as a last resort. I would prefer not using it and ending this war for glowing pebbles in this one fight."

"We'll keep that in mind. Is it fair to think you will join us?"

"That's the plan. My dear wolves have the orders to protect the stone keepers with their lives. one wolf for each keeper. However, if my family takes part in the fight, I will be the one dealing with them. Do not try to beat them as many have gifts you can't fight and several are stronger than me. Considering I am only beaten by Hulk, yeah, just tell me where they are."

"Okay.  I told the army to leave your family to you." Vision said.

"Thank you. Then Captain my captain, the honor is yours." I turned to Steve. Just when he was about to order the charge, I felt my heart lighten up, as if it was about to start beating again.

He is here. "Ren, Demetri, come here." the two joined me. Demetri seemed to have sensed the same thing. probably Heidi. "They are in the far back of that army. I can sense them all here."

Edward if you can hear me jump as high as you can. so I know where to find you. After a few moments a certain glittery vampire was launched in the air. There you are. I thought as the two vampires and Fenris got close enough to touch me and we teleported to where my family was.

once we reappeared, we were met with black-eyed growling vampires and with big wolves. "Hello? I come in peace and brought gifts." as Demetri and Heidi re-united and Renesmee hugged her parents and Jake. that calmed them down. but the wolves had tackled Fenris.

"Fenris stop playing around dear, now is not the time for games." He got up as if it was nothing and was even bigger than the young Alpha that Jake is.

"Before you start, I am not brain-washed. Thanos and probably Ebony Maw are lying in hopes that you'll get me out of the way. meaning they know my involvement is a big problem. For them."

"Then may I?" Aro asked holding out his hand.

"I can do better. Ren?" She joined us. "Edward and Jake." the two came closer. Renesmee touched both while I touched her shoulder. "Ready?" She nodded. I shared my memories through Renesmee whom used Edward's gift in reverse, with my help,  to amplify hers and this way I shared my adventures here with the whole group at once. While the war had truly begun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter really was difficult to finish. but now it is written, I can probably manage to update a bit faster. That said I am probably only three or four chapters away from finishing this story. How do you think things will end?

Let me know your thoughts and theories, be safe with fireworks and have a lovely, healthy and safe New Year.