Chapter 33

Leona PoV

Th arrival of Loki, Steve and Natasha had been a big help. Loki helped me with understanding the symbols Salamon wrote on the walls. Most of the combinations we tested were merely everyday stuff like turning a chair into a table or take a belt apart to create a leather bracelet and a ring. Things like that. We also did get a couple of useful things like I could use sand to create a fake version of someone I know. Useful for distractions or a quick getaway.

Apparently, I can also use my gift to repair for example a rusty sword and make it good as new.

Oh, and I can apparently do some mutations to like solidify water particles in air or in a body. That was how I walked on air getting Pietro on the helicarrier. It can also make a person stop moving but the mutation only lasts seconds.

There were also a couple combinations I didn't understand yet. Salamon's notes talked about sharing something. Another page had a combination which seemed to duplicate but it only worked on things made of stone. Then the last circle neither Loki nor I were able to figure out.

"I wish I could ask Master Marcus. This is getting nowhere." I sighed feeling frustrated. It had been months since we began and still there was no real plan yet. nothing I learned was particularly helpful.

"I thought your master was this woman named Gaia?" Loki asked confused.

"She is, I guess. Marcus was the soulmate of the first Wanderer. She taught him everything about her gift and made him promise that he would mentor the other chosen ones, if something happened to her. He taught me all I know but I am certain there was more to learn at the time I was made to leave." I replied

"Do you miss your home-world?" He wondered

"Honestly? Not as much anymore. I think I grew attached to this world. But if I must believe all I learned on being the Wanderer, I do-." I stopped talking distracted by something outside.

'Master your friends are in trouble.'  Fenris' voice told me in my mind.

'I'm coming.' I got out of the basement, hearing Loki follow me. We got outside and found Steve Bucky and Natasha fighting other beings. Quickly I shielded Bucky from someone charging with a knife. Now it was five vs. eight. It wasn't a hard battle, as I ended up using my vampire speed and strength knocking them out.

"Thanks Leona." The humans sighed catching their breaths. But I was distracted, not really listening. Bucky was bleeding from a cut on his arm. I don't know why but seeing that wound sparked a need in me. The question was what kind of need it was.

"Leona, what's wrong?" Natasha asked as I hugged her and took her scent in just in case I wanted to feed.

"Buck, you okay? That cut looks bad." Steve moved to his friend. Natasha's smell distracted me to not act on the need.

"Nothing is wrong, Nat. I just needed a hug. should get back to work." I lied.

"We still can't figure that last circle out. How do you think to find a solution to that?" Loki questioned.

"By doing something else and get back on the problem later." I answered and went back to my house. There I grabbed my artbook and pencils, then I went and found the highest point in the city, where I sat down and started drawing the view.

I don't know how long I sat there but eventually Steve joined me. "That's looking great." He said eventually.

"Thanks. I tend to do this when I need to work through stuff." I replied as he sat down.

"What kind of stuff?" he inquired

"Well, the first weeks after meeting you all, I had to work through a broken heart and being in a world so different from my home. Before that, my niece's life got threatened by the clan my own soulmate is part of. My half-sister demanded I murdered not only my soulmate, but also a blood-relative, and some of my best friends." I answered.

"That's rough. What did you end up doing?" Was his next question.

"I ended up making sure only the false accuser died, and this enemy clan perished as well. That clan wished to use the conflict as a means of causing war to overthrow the government of my kind." I explained shortly.

"Can I see some of your other work?" He seemed curious.

"Sure here. Just be careful, okay?" He flipped through the pages like Natasha had done before, asking about the people on them. "This symbol what is it?"

"What symbol?" He pointed at the Cullen crest on a drawing I made of the family.

"That is the family crest of this vampire-clan. Why?" I asked. Why did he ask about this?

"Natasha found a leather cuff on one of the attackers. It had that symbol in silver on it." He answered.

"WHAT?!?" I exclaimed in surprise. That couldn't be true, right?

"Woah, calm down." He tried to shush me.

"Did she keep it? Where is it?" I asked.

"She went down to the lab to ask Shuri about it." I packed my stuff and raced to the lab. Nat was indeed talking to Shuri.

"Can I see that please?" I asked holding up my hand for the cuff.

"You recognize it?" Shuri asked.

"I think I do. If I'm right, this war got a personal problem added to it." I replied.

"Here." Shuri gave me the cuff and I sniffed it. The scents that stuck to the inside were the most important ones. The inside was my biggest shot at still carrying the scent of the owner of this thing.

I could smell.... Very faintly... something woodsy. Pine maybe? Or mahogany...it was definitely a scent to associate with the woods and outdoors. Meaning this cuff belonged to- "...Emmett..." I wondered.

"Like your friend Emmett? From your home-world?" Nat asked remembering the drawing and the stories I told her.

"Yes, I believe so. This symbol is the family-crest belonging to the Cullens. Emmett's family. The scents on the inside of the cuff remind me of only him." I answered. 

"What does that mean?" The women asked after sharing a look.

"I don't know but I am concerned about their involvement. Thanos probably knows about me being who I am. Considering I am doing all I can to prevent his victory, either he somehow got my family as leverage, or to help him get rid of the problem that is my presence here." I felt annoyed that everyone seemed to know who I am except for me.

"What will you do about it?" I wish I knew the answer.

"I don't know. I need to think about that." I left the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What will she do about it? How will Leona deal with her family?

I have another question. If Leona were to do the snap instead of Tony, what would she say? It is something I have been thinking about but I can't think of anything. what do you think?

Let me know what you think and have a nice week!!