Chapter 14

Natasha moved her shoulder a little. "Perfectly fine. The doctors were surprised. How are you? Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked concerned.

"Just need a shower and a nap. Perhaps some new clothes as well." I shrugged.

"I'm glad you are okay. I need to leave for a while. A lot has happened, and I need some change in my life. My past has been made public and I need to become a new me. Shield is dismantled by the way." She explained what I missed in a rather quick manner.

"Hm. A shame to see you go but I understand. Just be safe okay? I do want to see you again as you were the first I felt like I could really talk to." I hugged her.

"You better be safe. Keep an eye on the men for me. Help Steve. I imagine he'll go after his friend." She asked when I let go. 

"Sure. Bye." I went up in the elevator. I did feel a bit sad she was leaving but I did understand. I think. Once up in my room I took a good long shower until every drop of blood and every bit of dirt was gone and then I changed into some clean clothes. I really need some more if this is how some missions will end. I hope Tony won't be mad about the suit. Taking the thing down to the labs, I found Dr Banner doing whatever.

He turned around when I entered. "Oh you're back. I heard what happened at SHIELD." The kind scientist said.

"How much of it?" I doubted he knew everything.

"A lot. Did you really rip heads off to proof you are against Hydra?" He asked looking a bit disturbed at that part.

"I may have overdone things a bit here and there yes." I answered honestly. It was then the realization kicked in, that I had flat-out mutilated several humans. "Oh, dear god. I... those humans...the blood... so m-much." The panic and overwhelming guilt was making it hard for me to breathe. Dr Banner realized what was happening and made me sit down on the nearest chair.

"Leona, breathe. Breathe. Look at me. Take slow deep breaths with me." By making me follow his breathing instructions, he helped me to re-gain control over my breathing, which helped me calm down from my panicking. "Want to tell me what happened that made you panic over some dinner?" He asked, trying to distract me just enough to calm down.

"D-Dinner sounds good. T-thank you." I smiled weakly.

"You're welcome. Come on." He pulled me up and we walked to the elevator. on the dining/kitchen floor he re-heated up some mac and cheese for us while I made some coffee and then we sat down.

"Uhm, perhaps eating and telling wasn't such a good idea. At least not if you want details." I thought out loud.

"Just begin." So, I did.

In the meantime, somewhere far away...

"Mistress!!" A maid ran through the dusty halls.

"What is it Delphine?" the mistress, Gaia, asked her maid.

"It has begun! Come!" The young brunette led her mistress through the halls to where their latest addition was. That hallway was just as disgusting as the rest before she left on her first journey. But now it was clean! The last painting just straightened itself right before their eyes

"She truly is the Wanderer I was hoping for. Thank the universe!" Gaia's voice was soft but hopeful. Perhaps Leona truly can make what was broken, which would in turn repair Gaia's world.

Back to LeonaPoV

I watched Dr Banner's face pale as the details I told him were sinking in. "Y-you really did that?" He asked.

"Yes. I was a little triggered because of the whole betrayal thing and I wanted to be sure the others got away safely. When I ripped those heads off at the triskelion, I was probably still in murder mode and over did it." I explained still feeling a little upset. I thought I had my vampiric side in better control than that.

"What about that Pierce guy?" He asked.

"He reminded me of this power-hungry guy from my world. That guy turned out to be my uncle from so far up the tree I would need all week 24-7 to say every great that comes before the uncle word. Anyway, after spending three months with him, I got him to turn around a little and change his way of ruling our kind. To help newly turned vampires learn their abilities properly and live amongst humans." Talking about Aro and how I had been slowly changing his views on humans, made me miss home a little.

"Pierce made me feel like he was the same, but he wouldn't be able to turn his ways. The man had a high-ranking job which should give him the opportunity to do great things, yet he chose to do something that got many people killed. It's horrible." 

"How are you sure he couldn't turn around?" The scientist asked.

"Because my uncle's choices stemmed from fear of losing more of his loved ones. Pierce' choices didn't. He just believed Hydra to be a more powerful organization to work with." I shrugged.

"You talk about it quite calmly now. Why were you panicking earlier?" With a deep breath I explained my thoughts and my fear.

"Because while all those humans probably killed many innocents to reach their goals. They were only human. I made a promise to someone important to me that I would do my best to never lose control over my vampiric instincts, like I did when I ripped them apart. At least when it comes to human victims." I was somewhat glad that Charlie wouldn't find out about this but it made me miss home more.

"Who is so important to you?" 

"My father, in all but blood. He risked his life to go find me when I got left behind and he hadn't heard from me for over a week. He simply informed my sister he was going, took a few days off from work and got on the plane. He came to Volterra and demanded to know where I was from the kings of my kind. That day was also the day I woke up as a vampire myself. His bravery and care for his family, despite the fact I am not actually blood-related to him, had the kings impressed and they allowed him to become an honorary member of the vampire world." Charlie was truly the best father anyone could wish for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish you all will hopefully have a better year. I word it like this as just because it's a new year it doesn't mean everything will magically be okay. Let's all work towards a healthier and more peaceful year after all we went through in 2021.

Soon but not too soon, Leona will be running into a certain pair of twins. How will she deal with them, I wonder.

Let me know what you think of this story or this chapter or perhaps you have an idea about what will happen with Leona.

Have a nice week!!