Chapter 40

The battle had taken what felt like days when really it had been just hours. Things had changed in those hours. Carlisle and Esme were now acting as a medical ward of sorts, protected by Alice and William. Leona had gifted them both a temporarily working stone that would repair their patient's wounds. the worst of wounds would only be fixed to the point of being mere scratches and such.

Leona had activated the circle she had created to enhance the humans she marked by sharing her supernatural senses. It helped them beat the alien army a bit easier.

"Father, these humans seem to have become stronger." Proxima Midnight told Thanos. he looked around and noticed the blond female wearing a cloak with strange markings. She was fighting but never moving away from her spot. 

"It's that girl. She's the Wandering Alchemist, or simply the Wanderer. Take her down at all cost." Proxima hadn't seen Thanos so... anxious? no... he was a bit scared.

"You fear one little girl, Father?" She couldn't understand.

"She is more powerful than you think. She must die for us to succeed in this war for the stones." Thanos replied in the most serious of tones.

"Let me take care of her for you then." Proxima tried to assure her master.

"Don't underestimate her. Take Maw as back up." ugh it would have been her time to shine, to make Thanos proud, but now that's ruined. She worked her way through the fight and found Maw. He was fighting a witch, an android, wolves and a very fast human.

The android is a stonekeeper. ordering some sakaaran warriors to take the fight over, Proxima grabbed Maw. "We have direct orders from Thanos. We are to take down the one called Wanderer." She explained to her 'brother'.

"Very well." The two fought their way towards their target. Proxima Midnight threw her spear as first attack, but it was caught and flung back, by an unexpected addition. "Loki. You traitor, Thanos will be pleased we took you down for betraying him." Ebony Maw greeted their new opponent.

"Oh? I don't think you will." The dark-haired god replied while mist began surrounding the two black order. Maw noticed Alec and moved some randomly dropped weapon to distract the young looking vampire. It was enough to distract him and let go of the mist. 

"Just as well. It gave time for him to join us." Loki commented quietly with a smirk. Felix looked every bit the vampire he was. His mate was in danger even if she didn't know the threat on her life yet. He would do anything to protect her, though the hurt look in her eyes, when he attempted to knock her out, made going that far an exception.

Her reasons for taking part in this fight were reasonable and just like her. Leona was thinking of her innocent loved ones whom wouldn't have been able to survive this war. So in order to try and make up for his attempt to force her coming home he chose to stand with her. Felix hd been giving in to his vampiric side something he hadn't done in so long. 

Ripping into the chitauri and the sakaaran warriors, he destroyed many of them when sensing his mate being anxious. She was in danger. He noticed the young god protecting her from harm with the twins' help but the two were easily distracted. Leona helped fighting the black Order members when Felix joined the four and stopped the magician from throwing a giant stone at his mate. 

Slowly but surely the rest of the Order joined as well as the Avengers and the vampires. Natasha teamed up with Rosalie and Wanda as well as Okoye to fight Proxima Midnight. Emmett, Felix and Hulk fought Cul Obsidian with help from the twins. Leona, Loki, Caius and Demetri fought Ebony Maw, while the Whitlocks Tony and Clint fought Corvus Glaive. 

Thanos himself was held off by Thor, Heimdall, Edward, Bella and Aro. The rest was working on taking down the army meaning the wolves, Steve, Bucky, Sam, everyone else was trying their hardest to protect the Stonekeepers, Vision and Leona.

Heidi and the Denali were protecting Carlisle and Esme and Renesmee. Eventually Thanos seemed to rember just which stones he had in his posession. He stopped time and threw his opponents across the battlefield like they were mere flies. Then he moved around and found his 'children' to be losing. Corvus was getting blasted in the chest as well as his head being ripped off. Cul Obsidian was getting ripped apart while the female twin, Jane? used her gift. Fascinating that one had been. 

The stones on his glove's reaction to the proximity of another led the Titan to Vision. "you won't win." A feminine voice spoke from behind him. Alice and William had somehow escaped the Time stopping.

"Ah, the seer. How did you escape, little one?" Thanos was impressed with this unexpected turn of events.

"You only stopped time for those on the battlefield within a sixty feet distance of yourself wherever you would be." The pixie like vampire replied.

"Hm. smart move but just you and your mate won't be enough to stop me child." He warned.

"Who said anything about it being just them?" A certain mischievous god interrupted them.

"Oh yes, the traitor. Well just as well that I'll end you myself." Thanos replied. The two vampires and Loki fought but they truly weren't enough. the vampires were thrown and Loki was pinned to the ground, forced to watch along with everyone else as the purple Titan ripped out the Mind Stone from Vision's forehead. adding it to his collection on the glove, Thanos was hit with the wave of new and more power. 

Caused by the hit, Thanos accidentally re-started time for those around him. His army defended the Titan as he got back on his feet. 'Now, where oh where is the last one, I wonder.'  He thought.

It was clear the last stone was also on the battlefield, as the stones were reacting to it. But where. the stones seemed to lead him. Realizing where he was going, Thanos smirked, pleased with the identity of his next and final target. "And so we finally meet." he spoke looking straight into the red eyes of one of the few he deemed worthy opponents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so, Leona is about to fight Thanos. what will happen? who will win?

Let me know what you think in the comments and have a nice week!!