Chapter 27

"Miss Leona has witnessed quite traumatizing events. That your friend is still alive is because she was recognizing him as merely a tool for power. She has seen and learned of other mortals used the same way and is mourning their deaths as if it was her doing that caused it all. That is what held her back from hurting mr. Barnes." Loki explained having read the blonde's mind. He had learned about her past, during their time on Sakaar. She was quite interesting.

"Let's just go. It's almost time to leave." Steve knew Leona had been through a lot, had seen a lot but it couldn't ever be as bad what Bucky and he went through, right?

"I-I'm sorry, mr Barnes. I hope I didn't scare or hurt you." A certain female blonde's voice spoke softly while Steve led his friend out of the room. The two super-soldiers turned to her and saw Leona looking quite distressed and she reminded some of the others of a submissive animal with how she sat on her knees and showing her neck, not daring to look anyone in the eyes.

"You are forgiven, Leona. Let's get to know each other during our time in Wakanda, perhaps you won't find me to be as bad of a person then." Bucky suggested.

"Okay. Thank you." She was a little relieved. The man had at least somewhat chosen to forgive her aggressive response to his presence. Perhaps he wasn't a bad person after all. Remembering she needed to pack, Leona got up and left for her room.

LeonaPoV

Once in my room, I quickly packed some clothes, my sketchbook, pencils and other necessities like books on alchemy I collected during my time here. Once ready, I went back to the common room where T'challa, miss Okoye and the rest of their guard were waiting with a Bucky in cryostasis.

"Good, you're ready. Let's go." We left being sent off by the Odinsons, Steve and Agent Hill. On the plane, I sat quietly going through my sketchbook. Drawings of people I had met here were added over the couple of years since my arrival. Seeing the pictures drawn by and of Felix had me remember the odd dream. I drew it not taking note of my surroundings and once I was done, I saw something strange.

"Oh my god." I exclaimed not registering the humans could hear me.

"What's wrong?" T'challa asked.

"This drawing. I drew it from a dream I had." I showed the king what I had drawn

"That's our land. I recognize the area. Who is that man?" He pointed.

"Felix, he is my soulmate." It confused me to see him in the dream and yet it felt relieving that he was there with me.

"What was wrong with it?" Okoye had joined T'challa, probably not yet trusting me alone with her king.

"I am human in this picture. That's why I am wounded. That one stabbed me with her spear, and I could feel the pain as if I was stabbed in real life. Felix' arms were cold to touch like they were when I was still human. I fear that my dream wasn't just that. I fear it was a vision." I explained.

"Why do you fear it?" She asked.

"If this dream really is a vision, for me to be human would mean I probably sacrificed my vampire-side. For that to happen, means a massive loss, as in many lives lost to a battle, threatening this world to become off-balance. A war." I explained.

"You think a war will be fought on our lands?" Both were shocked.

"Yes. and I think that this war is why I am here. To make sure this world remains in balance. No matter what. Considering what Thor told us about the stones, and the sheer power I could sense when Thanos was about to enter our ship, those stones are what the war is about." I answered truthfully.

"Do you know the whereabouts?" T'challa asked.

"Vision has the mind-stone in his forehead, I still have the tesseract with the space-stone, I think this sorcerer has one and there was a fourth one here on earth as well. So, four out of six are on earth. I am guessing Thanos has the other two." I answered. "However, as long as he doesn't have someone who can teleport the entire army to earth without the power of the space-stone to help, they won't be here for another two years." The two were slightly relieved at that.

"Then we'll be preparing for two years but keep it a secret for now. I do not want the people at home to be scared for nothing." Okoye nodded, agreeing.

"Of course." That made sense. After the long flight we were led to the palace where an older woman, and a girl were waiting.

"Mother, Shuri." T'challa greeted them with this odd greeting.

"We heard about you bringing winter soldier with you, but who's this?" the mother asked looking at me.

"This is Leona. She has her own reasons to be here, which will be explained in a more private meeting." They introduced me. I greeted them with a nod of my head.

"I understand. Let's get you settled." I grabbed my bags to follow whoever to my new accommodations when Shuri gasped.

"Those tattoos are so cool!" She exclaimed.

"These aren't just tattoos, miss Shuri." I corrected her. "They are the transmutation circles I use for my gift of alchemy." I explained with a small demonstration of my gift.

"We have the perfect place for you to stay." Ramonda, the mother, reacted once I was done. I was led a mile away from the city where a simple wooden house was. A second one was near.

"That's where Bucky will stay between treatments. This one is yours. A man lived here long ago. He always prattled on about alchemy but was never quite able to do something useful or proof its existence. At some point people stopped listening, declaring him mad and kicked him out of the city. He lived here for the rest of his years never quite giving up the ideas he had and the stories. Once he passed no one ever lived here again as the people claimed they couldn't even reach the door." Miss Okoye explained.

"It's protected by some particular circles. I can sense the magic used for them. The man may not have been able to properly understand what he was doing but at some point he probably stumbled on the correct combination of symbols used for protection." I replied sensing the familiar energy. It was weak indeed but there was something about it that made me sigh as if comforted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy easter to everyone that celebrates in whatever form.

I am thinking of changing things a little and show Felix' journey to try and join Leona or find a way to bring her home. is that something you would enjoy reading?

Let me know what you think and have a nice week!!