Chapter 23

Dream

I woke up in darkness. No, not darkness, a battlefield. There was fire and smoke, hundreds maybe thousands were fighting. I saw Aliens, humans... is that a raccoon? "Hurry up Leona!" Natasha's voice sounded as she ran past with a bunch of spear-wielding women and an army. Getting up, I began helping. For some reason my fighting brought me to a specific area on the field. Wanda was there fighting this purple giant. Pietro was keeping her safe from others. Enemies were approaching from my side so I kept myself busy, one enemy, this spear-wielding blue female, stabbed my side. The pain felt very real and... was that blood? A massive roar was heard from not that far and the female was beheaded in a move I remember only one person doing before.

"Mia stella." My favorite pair of red eyes looked me over, as a pair of big ...cold?... arms caught me when I fell.

"F-Felix."

End of dream

Waking up, I had aheadache and my throat was dry and burning. I looked around after which I realized it was merely a dream. "Are you alright?" Looking up, I saw Loki.

"Where are we?" I asked noting I was in a bed, fully dressed.

"Sakaar." As if I know what that is.

"Is that a planet or...?" I questioned the god whom rolled his eyes.

"Yes. Why were you dreaming of fighting Thanos?" Was that the name of the purple giant?

"Yes that is his name." He answered my thoughts.

"another mind-reader, seriously. Anyway, is Thor here as well?" I avoided the subject

"Not as far as I know. I have been busy making friends with the leader here, while you were having your beauty sleep. Yet it has done nothing for you." He answered.

"Aw you think I am already at my peak-beauty." He scoffed.

"No, merely that you need a human-lifetime of sleep to possibly improve the slightest bit."

"Oh yeah? Well..." a knock interrupted.

"How is our patient doing?" a nurse walked in.

"Hungry. And I smell bad. Can I clean up somewhere?" I answered.

"Yes of course. Let me prepare you a bath. And what would you like for breakfast?" I get a choice in food? Hospitals back home should learn from this.

"You." And I attacked. I couldn't help it. This woman smelled good to me and I was starving. Loki kept me from biting her though.

"She'll need two blood-bags." He replied instead. The nurse left and I sat back down.

"Don't feed from the staff. That's rude." I pouted having lost a fresh meal. He was right though.

"Tell me about this place please? I need a distraction, or the staff will be food." He sighed but complied.

"Sakaar is a planet made up of one part full of junk, the other part is civilized. It is ruled by a person called the Grandmaster. He is... eccentric. The biggest event here is the Contest of Champions. You humans had gladiator fights in distant times. This is like that. They make prisoners fight the supposed unbeatable champion for entertainment." He explained.

The nurse returned with the bags and I took one before and one after my bath. "Where are my clothes?" I asked when I was given a dress to wear.

"They are brought back soon. We are washing them for you." Her eyes shifted.

"What aren't you telling me?" My eyes narrowed in suspicion. I am pretty sure they darkened as well.

"Nothing, don't worry." I was glad to have a higher sense of hearing.

"Huh, not even those not from my world, have found a way to hide their heartbeats when they lie. Now tell me." I growled.

"Grandmaster wants you to fight in the next contest. He thinks to have found another champion when he saw your cloak but doesn't believe you are who it is meant to belong to. He wants you to prove it." She answered quickly.

"Now was that so hard? Tell this so-called grandmaster if he keeps my stuff from me, I will make a cloak out of him and make his so-called champion wear it." She scurried off, frightened.

With a sigh I calmed down and sipped from the second bag. "If I were mortal, I would be terrified." When can I drink in peace?

"Normally I am not like this, but no one steals my cloak from me and gets away with it." 

"Because it was gifted to you by someone precious?" I wonder what his story is. I doubt it is the same as the mythology stories from my version of earth.

"You could say that. Last time someone took it, they even went as far as burning it like it was trash, I ripped his arms off, crushed his vocal-chords and nearly executed him after some torture." I spoke nonchalantly. Edward learned to leave my stuff alone after that experience.

"Does it mean that much to you?" 

"I had to stay back while my mate went away. For a newly mated couple, separation is already hard. I was still in my newborn phase, surrounded by couples and still figuring out who I was. My cloak smelled like my mate which brought some comfort to me. Nowadays the smell is gone but the cloak still has that effect on me even just a little." I explained.

"I heard someone chose to threaten me. Over some piece of cloth." This odd looking human-like man walked in. He looked eccentric alright.

"That makes you the Grandmaster. Where are my clothes?" I growled.

"Prove you are the Wanderer first." He replied seemingly unfazed by my act.

"I am not meant to use my gift outside battle." I should've worded that differently.

"Prepare the arena, we have a contest of champions." He grinned excited for getting his way.

I was knocked out somehow and when I woke up, I was somewhere else entirely. "Oh, you're awake. Great." All kinds of creatures were here. This rocklike being was the one talking to me.

"What's going on? Where am I?" I got up and brushed myself off.

"In the tunnel to the arena. You are up for the next fight." The being answered.

"Ugh, fine. If that gets me my stuff back." The being, named Korg, was pretty nice. He led me to this area with racks of weapons to use. I picked a light dagger and a belt to keep this dress from getting in my way and flashing everything... Nothing else.

"Are you sure you don't want a helmet?" He asked concerned.

"I am a lot sturdier than I look." I assured him.

"But the champion will smash you within seconds. You'll die before you can blink." Did he say smash?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who would win this fight?

Leona or the Champion?

what was the dream about?

Let me know what you think and have a nice week!!