𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲

au!daddy vinnie
poc!

you watch mindlessly as people fuss over vinnie left and right with your son, sevyn, in your lap, trying to prepare him endlessly for his match. sevyn nibbles on his tubby fingers, drooling over his hoodie and sweatpants. you huff out a laugh, pulling his baby hand from his mouth and grabbing a napkin from beside you to wipe the spit away.

"no eating yourself, sev," you playfully scold him. he looks up at you with big, beautiful hazel eyes, eyes that are undeniably a gift from vinnie, and his barely-there eyebrows furrow.

"how come?" the little three year old pouts.

"because mommy and daddy don't want you to get eaten, especially by yourself," you pinch his side, the small room erupting with his joyful giggles, his concerns long forgotten.

"you're on in five, vinnie!" someone yells through the room. you watch as vinnie sighs, banging his boxing gloves together a few times.

"go say bye-bye to daddy," you whisper into sevyn's ear, setting him down while he wiggles out of your grasp and runs to vinnie.

he waddles over to his father, wrapping his hand around the bottom of his shorts and tugging softly. vinnie's head snaps down, a small smile gracing his unusually cold face as of late at the sight of his most precious creation. he crouches down, and sevyn wraps his arms around vinnie's neck, placing a big kiss on his cheek.

"good luck, dada!" he cheers when he pulls away.

vinnie chuckles, "thank you, sweet boy."

your heart swells at their interaction, your body flooding with an overbearing sense of warmth, and you smile.

"be a good boy for mommy, yeah?" he raises an eyebrow at sevyn, to which he nods frantically. vinnie smiles leaning forward to kiss his forehead before shooing him back to you.

you pick him up as you stand, resting him on your hip as he becomes fascinated with your faux locs, grabbing a single strand of long hair to mess with. you trudge over to vinnie, a wave of emotions washing over you, and yet you can't seem to pinpoint one.

vinnie's eyes burn into yours, and you resist the urge to drown in him like you always do. you were stuck on words, you couldn't find the right thing to say.

vinnie and yourself had been on thin ice with one another for a long while now, speaking to him always seemed difficult nowadays.

+

you sat in bed, having just gotten back from placing sevyn in his own, and waited patiently for vinnie to come back home. it had been like this for at least a month or two, vinnie leaving at the crack of dawn and not returning until the darkest hours of the night.

he had a responsibility to the fight, you understood that. but he seemed to be forgetting the chubby, curly-headed, hazel-eyed responsibility asking for him every moment he was away.

your bedroom door opened, revealing an exhausted-looking vinnie, and the sight almost made you feel bad for what you were about to do next. almost.

"hey mama," vinnie said softly into the night air. he walked over to you, leaning down to kiss your cheek. you held back a grimace, his scent reeking of sweat and worn-out cologne. his face scrunched in confusion, standing up straight again. "what's wrong?"

"what's wrong," you repeat, still not meeting his eyes. "well, i don't know, vincent, where should i start?"

he looks taken aback by your sudden aggression. "you tell me."